Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model s gen ii lighted rear appliqu㉠with special effects, bluetooth smart phone controller,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TESLA MODEL S GEN II LIGHTED REAR APPLIQU? WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS, BLUETOOTH SMART PHONE CONTROLLER, AND SMARTPHONE CONTROLLER APP

The Gen II Model S Lighted Rear Appliqu? is machined out of billet aluminum and pre-bent to fit the curvature of the Tesla Model S lift gate. Like the new version Tesla itself is now delivering on all new Model S?s, this Gen II version has completely open spaces at the ends over the taillights, thus eliminating the issues of moisture accumulation under the plastic lens in the former version. But Tesla?s version is still made of chrome plated plastic ? our Gen II version is superior in quality and durability. Better yet it is available not only in a polished version to match the chrome appearance of the OEM version but also in painted color options that perfectly match all Tesla body color options, as follows:

Signature Red
Red Multi-Coat
Solid Black
Matte black
Obsidian Black Metallic
Green Metallic
Brown Metallic
Titanium Metallic
Silver Metallic
Solid White
Pearl White Multi-Coat
Midnight Silver Metallic
Deep Blue Metallic
Gray Metallic
Blue Metallic
More than a year in the making, the idea to light the letters in the rear chrome appliqu? began with a request in December 2013 by TMC member Aaron Schildkraut (aaron) to Rick Hesel (artsci) and evolved based on many suggestions by TMC members. A key development was the involvement of Danal Estes (danal) who suggest the use of neopixels to light the TESLA letters and subsequently developed and programmed a neopixel module to control the lighting and apply the special effects. Critical advice was provided by a number of other TMC members, including Bill Polera (SUPRKAR) and Jurgen Balitzky (WATTS-UP), who has extensive manufacturing experience and is responsible for the machining of the applique out of billet aluminum. Another owner, Hank Eskin (HankLlyodRight), developed the Bluetooth Appliqu? Master Control Module for smartphones.

The Gen II appliqu? has a number of other improvements that make it vastly superior to the Gen I plastic version. First, as noted, the Tesla letters are machined out of billet aluminum eliminating chipping and breakage problems with the OEM chrome plated plastic applique. Second, the letter inserts are 3D printed in a milky white material, which reduces pixilation of the LED pixels. Third, the letters themselves have the new raised profile of the OEM applique shipped with all new Model S's. Finally, as already noted, the plastic lens over the taillights has been eliminated and the ends are now open.

The lighted appliqu? is shipped ready to install, including basic installation parts.

Given that Panjo does not provided provisions for choosing options such as color, to place your order and chose the color option you'd like please visit the EVAppliques web site:
http://www.evappliques.com/. All orders place via TMC will qualify for a 5 percent discount with a special discount code. To obtain the discount code please email [email protected].

List Date: 3/2/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: TESLA MODEL S GEN II LIGHTED REAR APPLIQU? WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS, BLUETOOTH SMART PHONE CONTROLLER, AND SMARTPHONE CONTROLLER APP
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $925.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
87d8c96c-82b7-46f0-8748-3b0a03b7e299.jpg
b965b510-78a2-4ffb-884b-7656507daf75.jpg
2621c37b-0bb8-4aca-9512-f22714deb56f.jpg
07b39ca5-9f95-4e5b-8e90-2122b3b18522.jpg
cf6b5b85-c8df-46ff-9628-28ff9f1f4ef4.jpg
bb22fcdf-b856-4e90-8043-f7ed0dc30a01.jpg
99b3d2f0-1e12-466f-8ecf-1a030d8710dc.jpg
169d63aa-48cf-4609-9ad3-911d56e79351.jpg
d2c49a28-709c-4d79-b569-442201e93bca.jpg
b3e24109-36f4-43e0-9ca1-151e452b39d1.jpg
846d2969-4e9a-46c0-9ac5-5b75ed1cdbca.jpg
a0cc4ca9-a565-42d9-9732-a686117c473a.jpg

Rick and I did the cars and coffee meet-up in Owings Mills this afternoon. Rick now has
the (First Off ) color appliques. I’m sure he will ship them Monday or Tuesday. I’m working on getting a better finish on the two polished aluminum appliqués, they should be ready to go later this week.

Appliques from the production run should be arriving within the next ten days and they are actually being machined as of this post. For everyone that has ordered from the production run I expect to have them (appliques) in my hands in about a week, add another week to paint and time to assemble the units, So, I would expect the next shipment to go out around the week of the twenty-first.

Here-after from the point of order to delivery should be about one week. The only slow up will be for colors that we have not run to date and that may just add couple of days to the process.

Next up is the updated Tesla version of Gen 2. If anyone is interested in G2V2 givee Rick a heads up.

I stopped by Tesla Service today to say good by to one of the technicians who is moving up to another Service Center. It was a quiet service day SO, I could not resist showing off the applique. Well everyone went wild. The tecs inspected the applique up close and could not believe the quality and craftsmanship of these units. I must admit I am honored Rick and Jurgen let me be a small part of such a wonderful mod...thanks guys... This is a fantastic addition to the Model S

Damn. I was thinking black but now I'm really starting to like the painted look. Any pics of a sig red install??

Here's my MC red.

DSC_6682.jpg

We've already shipped 6 test production versions in MC red, black, matte black, green, and deep blue metallic. One polished aluminum shipped yesterday and the second is slated for shipment presently. That exhausts our supply of the test production versions. We will have 50 of the full production versions by the end of next week (the difference it that the full production versions have both upper and lower clips and the test versions only the upper). As more than half of the full production orders are for polished aluminum I thought it would be helpful to post some photos of those during assembly for shipment.

We're also now, at several owner's request, offering a version without the electronics. This version is considerably less expensive and much easier to install. It's available in polished aluminum and all of the painted colors and available with a choice of the T E S L A letters in several colors. Both versions are available here.

Post #24 in this thread has a number of photos and other useful information.

I have received my new MC Red Lighted Rear Appliqué. It’s merely wonderful. No, not merely wonderful. It’s WONDERFUL. I like it.

Rick’s installation directions and JJP’s supplemental notes are amazingly accurate and made my installation easy. Just follow the directions they will walk you right through the details and steps. I was in no hurry and took my time. You will find shortcuts that will be useful as you become familiar with each step. For instance, I removed the trunk fuzzy on both sides. And I added a multiple-fuse fuse box on the right inside of the trunk since I was connecting to trunk power at the lift gate controller anyway.

I’m not good at videos, and being a one man show, I can’t run all the features and video with an iPhone at the same time. So, I am not going to try to redo the videos that others have already done. I will say that as good as the other videos are, seeing in person is far far better than photos or video.

I had one of the first Model S’s in my area just three years ago. In those days a Tesla turned heads and caused double takes. It was even some times dangerous, because people behind got to close as they tried to drive and take pictures as we traveled. These days there are so many Tesla’s few people are impressed. However, now that I have the Lighted Rear Appliqué installed its business as usual. It’s back to those old days. When people pull up behind me, there’s pointing and laughing and smiling and picture taking all over again. When the brake’s applied the letters are BRIGHT. When the turn signal is on, it lights up and scrolls the letters across like the Ford Thunderbirds’ brake and turn signals of the 60’s and early 70’s. With the lighted rear appliqué, the way the letters light up, if “they” didn’t know what was in front of them was a TESLA, they surely do now. This is so much fun. Thanks Rick, Danal, Hank and Jurgen.

Rear.jpg

We'll be shipping all current orders in about 7-10 days. This is the first production run, which was completed on Friday. Once this batch is shipped, when a new order is placed it should ship within two weeks.

About half the orders are for polished aluminum. The remainder are an assortment of the various Tesla colors.