Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, I'm hope Tesla is better at making cars than videos. But just what I needed as it's the delivery speech I won't get when mine rolls off the back of a truck and into my driveway. Thank you for posting Jas.S60!

Now I know I'm going to flick the right/drive stalk accidentally many times since my other cars have all had their indicators on the right. That's going to throw me for ages. From what I gather that means I'm going to accidentally throw the car into autopilot every time I go to indicate right on the wrong stalk. Is that right? And I'm going to throw the car into reverse when I'm trying to indicate left. Anyone knows what that will do when I'm driving 100kms down the highway? :)

From a UI perspective it would make more sense to click down for reverse than up, but another thing I'll just get used to over time.
I have driven mostly Japanese cars all of my 37+ years on the road.
When I took a test drive of the Model S last year, the Tesla representative told me to grip my right hand to the steering wheel when getting ready to signal, forcing me to use my left hand to signal.
It worked well and lesson learned when I hired a Model S to drive to Queensland for 8 days. Amazing how quickly I adapted to using the left stalk to indicate.
Getting back into my Prius, it took around a week to stop switching the wipers on when turning corners.

@Vedaprime I was thinking about this VIN thing and given that someone has uploaded a VIN like ours (with white interior) and a delivery date (was it the 23rd I think?), I wonder if these were produced out of order? Because for Tesla to assign them to us a month out seems out of character. For example all these people just posting SR+ VINs would be on the Brotonne bridge and that just docked a couple days ago. Any ideas? Do you think they could be surprising us.

@Vedaprime FYI, build date well before model3vins published that range! Easily on ANL Warrnambool.

This is an important find. The build date is the first where it was built on the 6th and then vin registered on the 11th. It could get on the Warrnambool just. I’ll do some digging on the timing before confirming.

It was always possible to build out of sequence, we just hadn’t seen it.

I’d love to see a few more invoice in 517xxx come in to see if they are all similar. The 25000 vins makes it tough to narrow down.

@Vedaprime I was thinking about this VIN thing and given that someone has uploaded a VIN like ours (with white interior) and a delivery date (was it the 23rd I think?), I wonder if these were produced out of order? Because for Tesla to assign them to us a month out seems out of character. For example all these people just posting SR+ VINs would be on the Brotonne bridge and that just docked a couple days ago. Any ideas? Do you think they could be surprising us.

The earlier vins. No I don’t think so. They were coming out almost weekly so only certain combinations were in fact possible with the physical ship dates.
With 25000 in one go, it does make it a lot harder to work out.

This could be very good news for white interiors, if they scraped some on to Warrnambool and Merkur Ocean

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: TaylorP
Would really like to have an option to opt out of this and get a real leather steering wheel.
I agree. Luckily our cars should be real leather steering wheels.

These militant vegans already bragging about paying $550 to have it switched out by Tesla Service on existing cars, while at the same time pretending to care about "the environment". Virtue signalling at its finest. Nevermind the fact that you probably wasted way more resources by replacing the steering wheel on a perfectly good car. The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze.