Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe we get some sort of bonus in the cars which are close to 3 years old. Oh let's not kid ourselves here. :/
That’s not entirely true, Tesla have made some hardware changes since the first Model 3s were made, so it’s not strictly speaking a 3 year old car although externally the appearance is virtually identical. My faulty memory says they’ve made design changes to the boot seal, glass roof, headlights and undercarriage tray among others, as well as added an option for a tow hitch. And of course lots of software updates.

That’s not entirely true, Tesla have made some hardware changes since the first Model 3s were made, so it’s not strictly speaking a 3 year old car although externally the appearance is virtually identical. My faulty memory says they’ve made design changes to the boot seal, glass roof, headlights and undercarriage tray among others, as well as added an option for a tow hitch. And of course lots of software updates.
The S has approx 20 hardware changes per week - I expect the 3 would be similar.

I recall the Model 3 has the rear seats bench height raised too (by several cm).

Found some more on reddit:
- headliner change from Alcantara to cloth
- revised springs
- front seating stitch pattern
- trunk ceiling has plastic finish added (rather than bare metal)
- diagnostic port connector change

There was also talk of a screen protector being added, did that happen?

Last edited:
I recall the Model 3 has the rear seats bench height raised too (by several cm).

- revised springs

Also HW3.0, small adjustments to how the trunk funnels water away when in the wet.

- revised springs

There’s a video which shows a comparison between the early model rear seats and the current ones. They’re completely different, much more shaping, more support etc.

I suspect "Imminently" is a bit of a rolling deadline, that will happen when it happens with no specific commitment about the actual time.

We’ve gone from shortly after the UK to imminently now. Are there any maths wiz’s who can number crunch how long each of the Elon words takes? Like when he says right around the corner it’s 2 months, then shortly it’s 3 weeks until he then says imminently, and then it’s a week until he says almost there?
:)

Are there any maths wiz’s who can number crunch how long each of the Elon words takes? Like when he says right around the corner it’s 2 months, then shortly it’s 3 weeks until he then says imminently, and then it’s a week until he says almost there?

No-one can decipher "Elon Time" :D
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Hovean and Vostok
We’ve gone from shortly after the UK to imminently now. Are there any maths wiz’s who can number crunch how long each of the Elon words takes? Like when he says right around the corner it’s 2 months, then shortly it’s 3 weeks until he then says imminently, and then it’s a week until he says almost there?

It's like when Elon said OK in a tweet to getting a Perth service centre, store and Supercharger. It's going to happen anyway but not in Elon time, rather Tesla Australia time. Our current "service centre" is a disgrace and if the FUDsters found out about it it would be a bigger joke than the toilet paper cuts BS. FYI, it's on streetview

Honestly, I used to see Elon time as a bit of a laugh. Definitely a real thing, but hilarious. Not anymore. I'm completely over it. This waiting thing is horrendous.
To be fair he’s probably no worse than any other car CEO, it’s just that no one could care less if the 2019 Corolla is a few months later than expected.