Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Announcement: $35k Model 3 Available, some price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to be one of those complainers, but I have to say my ass is a little chapped right now. I just spec'd the exact same LR Rear wheel drive I purchased in November (4 months ago!) for $55,500 and it's now $47,500.. I have to say, this really sucks. That's an instant $7500 hit to my resale value. Early adopter blah blah, if I would have had a clue I would have happy waited 4 months to pay much less for the same configuration. Looks like the DM was also lowered $8k or so.

I really hope there's something they do to make owners happy, otherwise there's gonna be a lot more pissed off people out there too I bet.

Free upgrade to FSD and free supercharge for life? I feel there needs to be some compensation here. I am a Tesla fan to the max and I love my car, but this puts a bit of a damper on it..

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-28_14-52-50.png
    upload_2019-2-28_14-52-50.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 66
Well, Tesla has been reducing prices for years. Sucks, but we all knew the history before buying. If it makes the company successful, more power to them. I still enjoy mine, and will benefit when buying the next one.

It might be fine for you who has been able to buy multiple but I never imagined paying $60,000 on a car. And now trade in values or private sale values of our early threes just dropped drastically.

It's always been listed that way. The text hasn't been updated but you can see that there is an "upgrade" from 145mph to 155mph.

• 20” Performance Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Lowered suspension
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph
  • Track Mode
You are mistaken. Track Mode has never been listed before. At least it certainly wasn't listed last year. Also just because it lists a top speed increase has nothing to do with availability of Track Mode.

The original description for P3D w/ PUP was:
  • 20” Performance Wheels
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Performance pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph

Suck it up, princess. You don't deserve compensation, you deserve a lesson in enjoying the things you buy and not measuring yourself against what other people get.

"if I would have had a clue…"

If I would have had a clue about the powerball numbers, I'd be rich.

Also don't forget about the portion of the tax credit that these people won't be getting.

Last edited: