Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Apologies if this has been covered already,

I am dropping my car to a service centre tomorrow for some simple fixes however they are going to give me a loan car for a few days which is decent!

With the loaner, I have a few questions for those who have had this service

1. Will it sync to my app, seating position, l Spotify etc straight away or do I need to sort out each one?
2, how will it work with my intelligent octopus? Do I need to run another set up or will it just work as it would with mine? (3 pin plug charger)

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated

Cheers

Bit late, it should sync but it didn't when I picked up a loaner, in fact it never appeared in my app for the 4 days I had the car. That said, I picked up when there was a pretty widespread connectivity outage which may have acuased it.

As MrBadger says, I'd be tempted to just manually control your charging. If the car isn't on the app you won't be able to get IO to control it anyway.

The excess is a good point, I personally didn't worry, but there is the potential for a hefty bill (£3k comes to mind) if you cause an accident.

and to add: if loaner is Long range or Performance, then 7kw home charger will give you around 10% per hour. so you can get up to 60% of charge to fit into the off-peak slot ;) just set car charge limit under 60% from current SOC :)

Owned mine for nearly 4 years… the car is great.
But the way tesla don’t seem to give a crap about you generally really winds me up and would be the only reason why I wouldn’t buy a Tesla again.
For example, has a loan car for the last two days, they booked me in for an 8.30 collection. I arrive at 8.25 and am asked to wait whilst they clean out the car (why wasn’t it done before). Then they couldn’t find the key - so I just used my phone (this bit is great for a loaner). Then I had to wait whilst they charged it !
I then got in the car and it was filthy (like full on mud up the side of the car) and dented, the inside , although vacuumed, every surface was grubby and you could hardly see out of the windscreen for the grime inside.
I then get my car back today and bearing in mind the had to spray the boot area, they did not clean any of the outside of the car and have left it with dirty marks where the masking tape was (why wouldn’t they spend 10mins to clean it down to help customer satisfaction)
Tesla SCs really don’t give a crap about customer service

There is a QR code on the screen on the loaners now. Scan that and it will drop into your app. From there everything synced for me - seats, sat nav favourites, climate and even the song I had moved over at roughly the same point. Really easy. When you’re done, click to remove access and everything goes from the car again 👍🏻

• Informative
Reactions: Zigway and thax1