Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked at Tesla Insurance for my MYP and they took 2weeks just to get me a quote. Needless to say I found their customer service and responsiveness diabolical.

Not that it mattered in the end as I went with Tower insurance as they were over $500 cheaper PA so I went with the them.

I looked at Tesla Insurance for my MYP and they took 2weeks just to get me a quote. Needless to say I found their customer service and responsiveness diabolical.

Not that it mattered in the end as I went with Tower insurance as they were over $500 cheaper PA so I went with the them.
You have to explain what you have insured your Tesla for and the detectable as well as whether Tower provide you with a car. We need an ongoing reply on insurance.

I didn't know Tesls Insurance was available in NZ. I'm with AA and it cost $250 extra to insure the cost of FSD after a debate with them as they were not going to cover it. The big question with Tesla insurance is how fast a claim is settled and does the cost include a free car.
The ‘Tesla Insurance’ in NZ isn’t the official Tesla Insurance they offer in the USA. It is just Vero Business Insurance who provide the policies and underwrite them.

They came about because when Tesla first launched in NZ none of the current insurance companies were providing Tesla insurance. The ones that did were horrendously expensive so Tesla NZ ‘partnered’ with Vero.

This was all before Tesla launched their official insurance product in the USA.

Since then the incumbent insurance providers in NZ have got their act together.

The only big diff ‘InsureMyTesla’ provide is the glass roof is covered under no excess glass coverage whereas pretty much every other Insurance company in NZ excludes sunroofs from the glass option… this is just Tesla but all sunroofs.

If you want a loan car you you have to get that option added to the policy and you don’t get a Tesla loan car.

Like I say, it’s all provided by Vero, not Tesla.

The ‘Tesla Insurance’ in NZ isn’t the official Tesla Insurance they offer in the USA. It is just Vero Business Insurance who provide the policies and underwrite them.

They came about because when Tesla first launched in NZ none of the current insurance companies were providing Tesla insurance. The ones that did were horrendously expensive so Tesla NZ ‘partnered’ with Vero.

This was all before Tesla launched their official insurance product in the USA.

Since then the incumbent insurance providers in NZ have got their act together.

The only big diff ‘InsureMyTesla’ provide is the glass roof is covered under no excess glass coverage whereas pretty much every other Insurance company in NZ excludes sunroofs from the glass option… this is just Tesla but all sunroofs.

If you want a loan car you you have to get that option added to the policy and you don’t get a Tesla loan car.

Like I say, it’s all provided by Vero, not Tesla.
My deductible is $400 and replacing a glass roof wouldn't be very often, if at all. I've had many missiles hit the front windscreen and it's never cracked in 4 years. My only claim has been paint damage from missiles. Insurance I will pay for the best. If you have FSD make sure and insure at today's cost as if the car is a right off you have to buy FSD again. I wish Tesla would make the owner own FSD so it can be transferable. FSD is 15k us and once NZ gets FSD it will move to 30k nz

I am with AMP.... planning to move to AA soon.

All insurance provider in NZ are originally underwritten by VERO. so doesn't matter where you go, it's VERO assessing and approving claims.. I was talking to vero instead of AMP most time.

Point of difference is:
  1. AA does aggreged value insurance. means you can negotiate your total value (CAR + Wrapping/detailing + FSD) and insure for that... vs other places they only insure car and no wrapping or FSD covered.
  2. AA does agreed value, means market value at time of write-off doesn't matter... vs others do market value (read T & C)
  3. Free new car is gimmic... if you have correct insured value, you can always replace car with new one. even with FSD at insured cost.
  4. AA gives loan car (Swift) for repair duration... no time limit... other companies cover loan car cost for up to 14 days... both are add-on.
I had car wrapped from day 1 and ceramic coated... maintenance contract for 4 years to check, clean, touch-up car as necessary with ceramic top-up inside/out every 3-4 months.... so having no cover for wrapping is frustrating.

I am with AMP.... planning to move to AA soon.

All insurance provider in NZ are originally underwritten by VERO. so doesn't matter where you go, it's VERO assessing and approving claims.. I was talking to vero instead of AMP most time.

Point of difference is:
  1. AA does aggreged value insurance. means you can negotiate your total value (CAR + Wrapping/detailing + FSD) and insure for that... vs other places they only insure car and no wrapping or FSD covered.
  2. AA does agreed value, means market value at time of write-off doesn't matter... vs others do market value (read T & C)
  3. Free new car is gimmic... if you have correct insured value, you can always replace car with new one. even with FSD at insured cost.
  4. AA gives loan car (Swift) for repair duration... no time limit... other companies cover loan car cost for up to 14 days... both are add-on.
I had car wrapped from day 1 and ceramic coated... maintenance contract for 4 years to check, clean, touch-up car as necessary with ceramic top-up inside/out every 3-4 months.... so having no cover for wrapping is frustrating.
I have just renewed my AA policy and AA on a 4-year-old Tesla will not insure above market value. I tried to insure for the price of a new Tesla but no go with AA. I don't pay the extra for a loan car.

Reactions: Audietron
I have just renewed my AA policy and AA on a 4-year-old Tesla will not insure above market value. I tried to insure for the price of a new Tesla but no go with AA. I don't pay the extra for a loan car.
Good to know... My almost 2 years old model 3, they were happy to insure for value of new car, wrap, fsd combined... hope they are still happy when I am moving. I never had any issues with them for real long time insuring my previous 5-6 Audi.

Good to know that AA is competitive again. We'd had them for years but had to change when their quotes for a new tesla were insane. I'd go back if their premiums are reasonable now.
only reason I didn't went to AA was, they had no idea on insuring EV... asked some 5000 in 2021... but they were way more competitive and helping in recent.
after all they all are insurers with customer service (or not in AMP instance), as underwriter is VERO for them all.