Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About Insurance Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, ya this is getting out of hand
Yeah a year before it was $1146 it was $670. It's just a racket. Oh, and in Seattle at least Progressive won't even insure Teslas anymore, - not even a base Model 3. If you already have Progressive now, you can keep your Tesla insured with them, but it's clear they're trying to get rid of the coverage. If I dumped Progressive for some other insurance company, I wouldn't be able to go back to Progressive. So frustrating. Not sure what to do at this point. I'm paying about $1600 in tabs, too, at the moment (thanks, Seattle!), so I'm nearly $6k a year without even driving my damn car. Sigh.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Yeah a year before it was $1146 it was $670. It's just a racket. Oh, and in Seattle at least Progressive won't even insure Teslas anymore, - not even a base Model 3. If you already have Progressive now, you can keep your Tesla insured with them, but it's clear they're trying to get rid of the coverage. If I dumped Progressive for some other insurance company, I wouldn't be able to go back to Progressive. So frustrating. Not sure what to do at this point. I'm paying about $1600 in tabs, too, at the moment (thanks, Seattle!), so I'm nearly $6k a year without even driving my damn car. Sigh.
Tabs?

This is a unfortunately the trend. With many people buying Tesla and new (may be young) owners not careful or used to the instant torque causing accidents and drive up the curve of the premium of Tesla insurance. I think Tesla insurance also service Washington, if you can stand the nanny, usually it is cheaper, it is 1/3 of the costs vs the others for me and I have filed claims before, the service is great. Bear in mind YMMV, they are lack of staff, after they centralized the rental car handling through a single email account, that became a major bottleneck if you ever have to change something and with recent layoffs, expect further delays. Besides companies not covering Tesla, AAA won't write the policy without home owner. Interesting thing is any non Tesla cars I tried to get a quote on is much cheaper than my Tesla.

This is an unfortunately the trend. With many people buying Tesla and new (may be young) owners not careful or used to the instant torque causing accidents and drive up the curve of the premium of Tesla insurance. I think Tesla insurance also service Washington, if you can stand the nanny, usually it is cheaper, it is 1/3 of the costs vs the others for me and I have filed claims before, the service is great. Bear in mind YMMV, they are lack of staff, after they centralized the rental car handling through a single email account, that became a major bottleneck if you ever have to change something and with recent layoffs, expect further delays. Besides companies not covering Tesla, AAA won't write the policy without home owner. Interesting thing is any non Tesla cars I tried to get a quote on is much cheaper than my Tesla.
Yeah. Unfortunately Tesla insurance isn’t available in WA State. Not sure I like the idea anyway but I’m rapidly running out of options here.