Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hijacked during high speed car chase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If someone actively has a firearm pointed at you, you want them to get as far away as possible. Even if you are carrying, you give them what they want.
It's a tough situation. There's a whole back and forth about this on Reddit too. I agree that you should hand them the car and value your life, but what if you have family or a child in the back? They won't let you take them out and you can't leave the car because they'll just drive away with the kid. So even if you're carrying, what choice do you have in this situation other than to just floor it and hope Tesla acceleration will save you?

It's a tough situation. There's a whole back and forth about this on Reddit too. I agree that you should hand them the car and value your life, but what if you have family or a child in the back? They won't let you take them out and you can't leave the car because they'll just drive away with the kid. So even if you're carrying, what choice do you have in this situation other than to just floor it and hope Tesla acceleration will save you?

"What if it's 79.6 degrees, you're facing west, there's an asteroid headed towards earth, the gunman has a small caliber handgun, you have a gallon of milk in the trunk and you just washed your car?"

I would recommend you attend some in-person self-defense firearms courses. Any reputable one will discuss the absurdity of these types of proposals of "what if". I take them regularly, and have for years, even with an extensive military background (in case you think experienced people just know what to do and don't need them).

Gross motor skills and muscle memory take over during a high stress situation, and the best way to deal with any situation when a gun is pointed at you is to give them what they want, and put distance between you and them. End of story.

if you think that "amazing awesome super duper Tesla acceleration " is going to outrun a bullet if they start shooting, you're sorely mistaken. Then, if you did have family in the back, they're the ones in between you and the gunman while he's shooting at you, so your actions just put them in more danger.

you have a gallon of milk in the trunk

I would *not* let someone steal my car with a gallon of milk in the trunk. First, what a waste of milk. But second, if it spills you'll *never ever ever* get that smell out.

The correct thing to do in that case is to politely remove the trunk milk before handing the car over to the thieves.

That said, the car jacker was directly in the path of the opened driver door... would've been a better video if the driver had rapidly reversed and knocked him to the ground, then drove forward.

Reactions: Sam1
I would *not* let someone steal my car with a gallon of milk in the trunk. First, what a waste of milk. But second, if it spills you'll *never ever ever* get that smell out.

The correct thing to do in that case is to politely remove the trunk milk before handing the car over to the thieves.

That said, the car jacker was directly in the path of the opened driver door... would've been a better video if the driver had rapidly reversed and knocked him to the ground, then drove forward.

Can't drive a Tesla when the driver's door is open if you're currently stopped.

Valid points on the milk though.

An attempt was thwarted when the driver stopped in an empty lot for a call. When the gunman walked up the driver floored the pedal. Bullet lodged in the b pillar and door.
Luckily creep was off, there was an open escape route and small caliber weapon.