Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Collision Owen Mills, MD vs Tesla Certified Body Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience wit the tesla collision center in Owen Mills, MD ?

I have upcoming appointments with them and another highly rated tesla certified shop and given such close proximity of the dates i wanted to see which one i should go with. I did not have a chance to visit the owen mills shop.

The Owings Mills Tesla Service Center, like many other service centers contracts out the body repairs to local authorized body shops. Shouldn't be a difference as long as you are using a Tesla certified body shop.

If i can piggy back on this thread, At what point are certified body shop necessary? somebody backed into my trunk and left a small dent. Do certified shops have special repair process and/or paint specific to tesla or something? All of the certified shops are 30-45 minutes away and i feel like there are closer non-certified options available that would be more convenient and/or possible quicker turnaround. Thanks in advance for the input
20230707_173508.jpg

If i can piggy back on this thread, At what point are certified body shop necessary? somebody backed into my trunk and left a small dent. Do certified shops have special repair process and/or paint specific to tesla or something? All of the certified shops are 30-45 minutes away and i feel like there are closer non-certified options available that would be more convenient and/or possible quicker turnaround. Thanks in advance for the inputView attachment 955113
I am just wondering what you ended up doing, my MYP got rear ended recently and Tesla Owings Mills doesn't have any openings until Nov 10th.

I ended up taking it to Jeff Shaw in baltimore, they had more availabilities. The folks there are good people and there's an Enterprise near by so pickup/drop-off are done at the shop, which is convenient.. They ended up replacing my lift gate, picked up last friday and probably bringing it back tomorrow bc i think the installer didn't connect my radio antenna bc i have no reception and they might need to buff out some overspray/imperfections. Don't want to alarm you, just fully disclosing my experience.

You can also try Safford Owings Mills Collision Center which is near the OM tesla and likely where tesla send a lot of their work to.

I ended up taking it to Jeff Shaw in baltimore, they had more availabilities. The folks there are good people and there's an Enterprise near by so pickup/drop-off are done at the shop, which is convenient.. They ended up replacing my lift gate, picked up last friday and probably bringing it back tomorrow bc i think the installer didn't connect my radio antenna bc i have no reception and they might need to buff out some overspray/imperfections. Don't want to alarm you, just fully disclosing my experience.

You can also try Safford Owings Mills Collision Center which is near the OM tesla and likely where tesla send a lot of their work to.
Thanks so much for the reply. I have scheduled an appointment with Safford in Owings Mills on October 16th, I have yet to call Jeff Shaw. Would you recommend Jeff Shaw?

I found another shop down in Rockville - Total Recon, I don't have their time estimate yet. They will let me know what their timeline is.

For me, all of the shops were equal distance and a little out of the way. Shaw seems more responsive than other places i've contacted and were accommodating when i had to drop off the car earlier prior to going out of town. I am slightly annoyed to have to bring it back for the radio and paint imperfection, but they were responsive and mistakes happens. I'm hoping they can resolve both issue quickly and i don't have to leave the car there. Again, they were very responsive and accommodating, which i think it's a great plus.

Reactions: spacemnspiff
For me, all of the shops were equal distance and a little out of the way. Shaw seems more responsive than other places i've contacted and were accommodating when i had to drop off the car earlier prior to going out of town. I am slightly annoyed to have to bring it back for the radio and paint imperfection, but they were responsive and mistakes happens. I'm hoping they can resolve both issue quickly and i don't have to leave the car there. Again, they were very responsive and accommodating, which i think it's a great plus.
Thanks a lot. They were pretty responsive to me as well. I will give them a try and see how it goes. I need to get an estimate from State Farm before I can get on their schedule.