Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cockpit non-app BETA 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ability to login by token has now been enabled. At the login page choose "login by token", Login - Tesla Cockpit. An email and password is required to be able to log in from other devices, send alerts, etc. It does not need to be your tesla.com credentials. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions, comments or feedback!

Awesome! Thanks so much for working to add this functionality.

When I went to login, giving my e-mail, a password, and my token the site barfed back the following:

System.ArgumentException: Column 'UserID' does not belong to table . at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName) at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName) at TeslaCockpitWebApp.Login.btnTokenLogin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\rjone\OneDrive\Work\Personal\Tesla\TeslaCockpitWebApp\TeslaCockpitWebApp\Login.aspx.cs:line 154

I thought it failed completely, but as I was composing this, I got two e-mails from your site (on behalf of my car).

Can't seem to get past the login page now.

EDIT: This is logging in from Firefox 50.1 on Linux, 3.19 kernel (also I have noscript/request policy, but I had let most everything through for your site)

EDIT 2: Holy smokes, when did it get to be 2am; I will pick this up in the morning.

EDIT 3: Later morning...

Awesome! Thanks so much for working to add this functionality.

When I went to login, giving my e-mail, a password, and my token the site barfed back the following:

I thought it failed completely, but as I was composing this, I got two e-mails from your site (on behalf of my car).

Can't seem to get past the login page now.

EDIT: This is logging in from Firefox 50.1 on Linux, 3.19 kernel (also I have noscript/request policy, but I had let most everything through for your site)

EDIT 2: Holy smokes, when did it get to be 2am; I will pick this up in the morning.

EDIT 3: Later morning...

Should be good to go now, looks like all the new code didn't quite make it. :) Thanks again.

I think there is a typo in the email FROM address you send out
Its spelled out telsacockpit.com

Also is it possible to get a "Delete account" feature and the ability to disable certain emails from being sent out?

I dont like receiving an email everytime the car starts driving or stops

Thank you

Should be good to go now, looks like all the new code didn't quite make it. :) Thanks again.

Ok, so I'm still having some troubles getting to the actual Dashboard part of the site. Extra wrinkles being this is a different computer (Windows, FF 45 ESR)

My process:
  1. Click on the link to go to the Teslacockpit login page where I am greeted with the fields for "Tesla.com E-mail" and "Tesla.com Password" with a button for Enter Cockpit and the "Login by Token" link just below.
  2. Without filling anything into the above fields, I click "Login by token" and have the Token login javascript window pop-up where I enter my e-mail (which is the same as my e-mail for tesla.com but might be a border case to check out if folks use different accounts) a password I am using for your site, and then pasting in my token for this quarter.
  3. After clicking "Enter Cockpit" the javascript pop-over goes away and the Login page reloads presenting me with the blank Login page again from "1"
This repeats, sometimes with my e-mail being auto-filled in the javascript window, sometimes with it not, and sometimes with it being filled in twice delimited by comma. In the events in which some number of my e-mail is present, the javascript window has the note "User Already Exists"

Once, I had the javascript window go away and a progress bar began filling on the login page but stopped at "contacting Tesla" and would repeat. This state was reached because I provided only an e-mail and the password for your site but no token, so I'm not super surprised that it stopped at contacting Tesla. One note, there is no way to "cancel" that and I wasn't sure if it would loop forever, so I just closed the Tab.

Going to try Internet Explorer now ( blech )

EDIT: IE is the same, just uglier because it's IE (no smoothing on the Tesla logo, strange wrapping issues with the javascript window messages)

I think there is a typo in the email FROM address you send out
Its spelled out telsacockpit.com

Also is it possible to get a "Delete account" feature and the ability to disable certain emails from being sent out?

I dont like receiving an email everytime the car starts driving or stops

Thank you

Thanks so much for the feedback. One quick question, what you mean by typo in the email From address?

The next release will include the a configuration section for notification preferences as well as a lot of other goodies. It will also include the ability to remove your account.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Thanks so much for the feedback. One quick question, what you mean by typo in the email From address?

The next release will include the a configuration section for notification preferences as well as a lot of other goodies. It will also include the ability to remove your account.

Thanks again for your feedback!
W

hen your system sends me an email the reply to address shows
Telsacockpit instead of teslacockpit

Reactions: Newport Ryan
Ok, so I'm still having some troubles getting to the actual Dashboard part of the site. Extra wrinkles being this is a different computer (Windows, FF 45 ESR)

My process:
  1. Click on the link to go to the Teslacockpit login page where I am greeted with the fields for "Tesla.com E-mail" and "Tesla.com Password" with a button for Enter Cockpit and the "Login by Token" link just below.
  2. Without filling anything into the above fields, I click "Login by token" and have the Token login javascript window pop-up where I enter my e-mail (which is the same as my e-mail for tesla.com but might be a border case to check out if folks use different accounts) a password I am using for your site, and then pasting in my token for this quarter.
  3. After clicking "Enter Cockpit" the javascript pop-over goes away and the Login page reloads presenting me with the blank Login page again from "1"
This repeats, sometimes with my e-mail being auto-filled in the javascript window, sometimes with it not, and sometimes with it being filled in twice delimited by comma. In the events in which some number of my e-mail is present, the javascript window has the note "User Already Exists"

Once, I had the javascript window go away and a progress bar began filling on the login page but stopped at "contacting Tesla" and would repeat. This state was reached because I provided only an e-mail and the password for your site but no token, so I'm not super surprised that it stopped at contacting Tesla. One note, there is no way to "cancel" that and I wasn't sure if it would loop forever, so I just closed the Tab.

Going to try Internet Explorer now ( blech )

EDIT: IE is the same, just uglier because it's IE (no smoothing on the Tesla logo, strange wrapping issues with the javascript window messages)

Kevin,

Thanks again for the awesome feedback!

So there was some confusion as to what to put in where and when. :) An update just went up to the site to hopefully make things a bit clearer.

Basically the only time you need to click on the cute little special token link is the very first time a driver uses the system. If the system is presented with a valid token verifying a real deal Tesla owner, a user account is created and every subsequent login is made the same way a driver using their tesla.com credentials would.

We will be doing more work to smooth out the login process in the near future.

Can't thank you enough!

Kevin,

Thanks again for the awesome feedback!

So there was some confusion as to what to put in where and when. :) An update just went up to the site to hopefully make things a bit clearer.

Basically the only time you need to click on the cute little special token link is the very first time a driver uses the system. If the system is presented with a valid token verifying a real deal Tesla owner, a user account is created and every subsequent login is made the same way a driver using their tesla.com credentials would.

We will be doing more work to smooth out the login process in the near future.

Can't thank you enough!

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification (both here and on the site). I was able to access the dashboard, looks like exactly what I wish Tesla had built into the MyTesla dashboard. You rock!

Let me first thank you for stepping up to create this site and also to echo the requests for notification customization.

Quick question on the data: the dashboard only displays data retrieved via the API, right? You aren't storing any of the trip data on your systems are you? How about the e-mails? Are they ephemeral or does the telsacockpit (heh, the typo is amusing) account store all user e-mail in its sent folder?

Some of us are a little private about our data ;)

Ok, so today from the Windows computer I'm stuck at either "Bad username/password" or "Please enter an e-mail" when I try to log in using the credentials for this site (my e-mail, the password I'm using for this site).

I left the logged in page up on the Linux box; is there an issue with more than one login being active with the API token? I didn't think about it (nor do I remember an explicit "log out" button from the dashboard page.

The log in field still does the strange e-mail concatenation each time the login page loads (blank, e-mail present, 2 e-mail present comma delimited, etc). I don't know if that impacts anything on the form submit side or if it is user facing only.

Thanks again

Ok, so today from the Windows computer I'm stuck at either "Bad username/password" or "Please enter an e-mail" when I try to log in using the credentials for this site (my e-mail, the password I'm using for this site).

I left the logged in page up on the Linux box; is there an issue with more than one login being active with the API token? I didn't think about it (nor do I remember an explicit "log out" button from the dashboard page.

The log in field still does the strange e-mail concatenation each time the login page loads (blank, e-mail present, 2 e-mail present comma delimited, etc). I don't know if that impacts anything on the form submit side or if it is user facing only.

Thanks again
Can you try an login again, had to do some cleanup related to previous bugs.

Still trying to figure out the concatenation thing...

Thanks again!

• Helpful
Reactions: kevinf311
****Update: Tesla Cockpit integration with Alexa (Amazon echo)****

BETA 1 of the Alexa integration has been fully test and submitted to Amazon for certification. In this release, there will be 4 basic functions and we would love to hear any suggestions you all might have on how you would like use your vehicle through Alexa.

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit where my car is.

This returns the current location of the vehicle as a postal address when possible, city & state when not possible.

Alternative Utterance

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit where my Tesla is.​

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit to turn the climate on.

Turns climate of vehicle on

Alternate Utterance

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit to heat up my Tesla.​

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit to honk my horn.

Honks the horn

Alternate Utterance

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit to honk my Tesla’s horn.​

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit to flash my lights.

Flashes lights

Alternate Utterance

Alexa, ask Tesla Cockpit to honk my Tesla’s horn.​

Will update this thread when we get certified! Thanks again for all the awesome feedback.

I think you want to add more functionality to the skill. Those commands and a number more (opening the pano roof, unlocking and locking the car, etc) are already available through the Mosaic skill. "Charge my Tesla to x%, start charging at (time), turn on the climate control at (time), raise the climate to 75 degrees, check tire pressures, and the like would be fantastic.

I think you want to add more functionality to the skill. Those commands and a number more (opening the pano roof, unlocking and locking the car, etc) are already available through the Mosaic skill. "Charge my Tesla to x%, start charging at (time), turn on the climate control at (time), raise the climate to 75 degrees, check tire pressures, and the like would be fantastic.

Adding all of those to the list. If you think of any more let me know!

Just pushed up a new build with a few new goodies
  • User Management
  • Notification Management
  • SMS notifications
  • SmartClimate Management which includes setting manual day/times for climate to start
  • Time Zone integration (uses the time zone the car is in but can be overridden in setting)
  • Minor bug fixes

smartclimate.png

Reactions: kevinf311