Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Chooses Nevada for its GigaFactory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy Crapoly, what a typo! Had to re-read it all!

BlueTan- you're black&blue all over.:scared::biggrin::scared::biggrin::scared::biggrin::scared::biggrin:

It's gone now, dmckinstry. So rather than keep all in the dark, the name of the automobile company was misspelled. The "its/it's" was just a red herring.

One of the pieces of the package Tesla wants is lower electricity rates for the facility and the legislator I heard said that NV Energy will have permission to raise the electricity rates for Nevada residents to make the rate-cut for Tesla. I am very Pro-Tesla, but as a Nevada resident this incentive is not my favorite. I hope that they can indeed produce a car that is affordable and appealing to mass market consumers. The Model S is a bit to pricey for most of us.

Did he sign it yet? One of the pieces of the package Tesla wants is lower electricity rates for the facility and the legislator I was talking with said that NV Energy will have permission to raise the electricity rates for Washoe County residents to make the rate-cut for Tesla. I am very Pro-Tesla, but as a Washoe County resident this incentive is not my favorite. I hope that they can indeed produce a car that is affordable and appealing to the mass market consumers. The Model S is a bit to pricey for most of us.
Don't know if he's signed it yet. I would hate to think that what's promised (by Tesla) does not become reality.

One of the pieces of the package Tesla wants is lower electricity rates for the facility and the legislator I heard said that NV Energy will have permission to raise the electricity rates for Nevada residents to make the rate-cut for Tesla. I am very Pro-Tesla, but as a Nevada resident this incentive is not my favorite. I hope that they can indeed produce a car that is affordable and appealing to mass market consumers. The Model S is a bit to pricey for most of us.

Yeah I saw something about free electricity. What puzzles me about this is that Tesla have said the factory will generate its own power - via solar, geothermal and wind. It ought not to draw any power from Nevada.

Perhaps this is only while the factory is being set up? (construction will undoubtedly require a lot of electricity)

Once the factory is up and running, and generating all its own electricity, it would be kinda mean to continue charging regular residents extra for electricity when the Tesla factory wasn't using any.