Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Chat Support sucks...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no other issue(s) at the moment nor am I looking for any. I just spent a lot of money and got very little information in return and wanted to share the experience with others that might be considering making the same purchase. Didn't realize I would have to spend 2 pages on a thread defending my point of view to people like you that imply a lot of things I never said. Again you are implying that I will just find something else to complain about. You seem to know me so well. Have you reviewed all my posts and threads I have created to come to that conclusion, or are you just pulling stuff out of your rear to make me look a certain way that fits you narrow minded opinion?

If you go outside this forum you may get more practical help. TMC is the bubble that keeps on giving which is why so many people leave here or are pushed away I should say. You will be lucky to get an answer from Tesla in a reasonable time frame so you always have your CC as backup. Been there done that.

If you go outside this forum you may get more practical help. TMC is the bubble that keeps on giving which is why so many people leave here or are pushed away I should say. You will be lucky to get an answer from Tesla in a reasonable time frame so you always have your CC as backup. Been there done that.
Yeah it unfortunate that forums are turning into places for trolls and bullies, vs a place to share information and experiences. It's one thing to be corrected if you are passing along false information, it's another thing to be berated and have false accusations made because you are relaying an experience that might help others. I get now that I have to live with no ETA and should never expect one in the future, but I don't like it. I hope Tesla can improve in this area, but it seems like these low standards have been set long enough for it to be the acceptable way to conduct business. So now I wait...

Reactions: Scelto and TLLMRRJ
(Also- the HW3 computers aren't even made at the CA factory in the first place)

Was trying to find this out. So where are they manufactured?

I too believe the COVID-19 excuse is bs. If they are starting production back up in CA then they have tons of HW3 hardware just laying around.

Still do not understand the Tesla service model. It is called do as little as they can and if they piss someone off who cares. Because there is no way to complain. They must be laughing all the way to the bank when they get paid.

Just reach out to Tesla and order the part like any other part and any other dealership would do.

I too believe the COVID-19 excuse is bs. If they are starting production back up in CA then they have tons of HW3 hardware just laying around.

Still do not understand the Tesla service model. It is called do as little as they can and if they piss someone off who cares. Because there is no way to complain. They must be laughing all the way to the bank when they get paid.

Just reach out to Tesla and order the part like any other part and any other dealership would do.
I'm not sure where the parts are actually manufactured, I would guess at their CA factory, but that's just a guess.

The experience was a bit of a let down for sure, but at the end of the day I still love my Tesla and at least I have proof that my path to FSD is guaranteed (I hope), I just have to sit and wait while Tesla plays duck duck goose.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where the parts are actually manufactured, I would guess at their CA factory, but that's just a guess.

The experience was a bit of a let down for sure, but at the end of the day I still love my Tesla and at least I have proof that my path to FSD is guaranteed (I hope), I just have to sit and wait while Tesla plays duck duck goose.

The HW3 chips are made in Texas by Samsung.

The physical computer units are assembled overseas (I've seen both Made in China and Made in Korea stickers from pics of units posted but can't recall if one is specifically HW3 vs HW2.5)

I've never seen anything to suggest the CA factory has anything at all to do with any part of the process (other than obviously needing finished ones to install in new cars)

Reactions: TX_M3P+

The HW3 chips are made in Texas by Samsung.

The physical computer units are assembled overseas (I've seen both Made in China and Made in Korea stickers from pics of units posted but can't recall if one is specifically HW3 vs HW2.5)

I've never seen anything to suggest the CA factory has anything at all to do with any part of the process (other than obviously needing finished ones to install in new cars)

Thanks. I am waiting for my HW3 as well.

My Tesla service experiences have been fantastic. It's almost overkill on the communication(that's a good problem to have!). I've been super friendly to the local service manager to the point where he gave me both his email and cell phone number. I'm beyond impressed.

Just curious, when did you purchase the upgrade?

I just purchased it April 15th.

My Tesla service experiences have been fantastic. It's almost overkill on the communication(that's a good problem to have!). I've been super friendly to the local service manager to the point where he gave me both his email and cell phone number. I'm beyond impressed.

Well, your experience is better than mine. Bad experience with SC (I have a new SC that just opened near me and no experience with them yet) started after delivery. They drove the car to my house in the rain for delivery. Not a problem but I didn't have a chance to look over the car. I was told they did an extensive review. A few weeks later I removed the aero caps and found damage on the rims. They denied, denied, denied. I got a nasty email from the SC manager and tried BBB to no avail as they are not members so they do not care. Then, I recently looked at a picture of the car on the day of delivery and zoomed in and I could see the damage to rim. So, basically they delivered the car to me with damage (but they do an extensive check on the car).

I know what people are going to say....it is my fault for not popping off the aero caps in the rain to check rims that shouldn't have any damage. All I can say to that is BS. Stop being a Tesla apologist. I want them to succeed as much as anyone else but ignoring deficiencies in their company does not help the cause. No other manufacturer would deliver a car that way and I guarantee if I brought it up a couple of weeks later they would have at least offered to help. Maybe pay for half the repair of the wheel. NOTHING, NADA. No offer at all. Just take my money and disappear when there was an issue. Best car, worst customer service.

Interestingly enough, I came across this today when attempting to buy something off Amazon...

upload_2020-5-16_11-22-36.png

Up front notification that the part is out of stock and that no ETA is available and I will not be charged until the item has shipped. Nice that they set the expectation up front vs taking your money first then telling you this afterwards. Nothing for me to complain about here...

Interestingly enough, I came across this today when attempting to buy something off Amazon...

View attachment 542152

Up front notification that the part is out of stock and that no ETA is available and I will not be charged until the item has shipped. Nice that they set the expectation up front vs taking your money first then telling you this afterwards. Nothing for me to complain about here...

I've been in the Amazon offices, and Bezos is known for being ruthlessly customer focused. There's all sort of crazy propaganda posted on the walls promoting a "customer-first" attitude. That's why you see ridiculous things like good processes for taking care of customers and insane things like letting customers know when something is out stock.

Good thing Tesla doesn't let that sort of nonsense get in the way of selling cars.

I've been in the Amazon offices, and Bezos is known for being ruthlessly customer focused. There's all sort of crazy propaganda posted on the walls promoting a "customer-first" attitude. That's why you see ridiculous things like good processes for taking care of customers and insane things like letting customers know when something is out stock.

Good thing Tesla doesn't let that sort of nonsense get in the way of selling cars.

lol.
You two deserve each other. :)
Amazon started out in a new industry as well.
I remember trying to order from them years ago, and having issues.
If your logic is to compare a perfected system with the auto industry for electric cars, then your kidding each other as well.
Which is okay I guess.
You two can validate each other over and over...:)

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
@M109Rider The point is, know what you're getting into before you buy. If I would have read a thread like this one prior to making my purchase I might have made a different decision. My intent is to inform people. I hope that Tesla becomes more customer focused as they move forward, but they have been selling cars since 2012 (maybe even earlier), so they've had time to improve. Customer satisfaction is all about repeat business, if you want customers to come back and buy again then treat them right the first time. Customers like you and @toolman335 clearly love the service, so your expectations have been met. However, there are many customers that don't feel the same way.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
. I get now that I have to live with no ETA and should never expect one in the future, but I don't like it. I hope Tesla can improve in this area, but it seems like these low standards have been set long enough for it to be the acceptable way to conduct business.

Tesla won’t change until they get some competition. Unfortunately it costs them nothing right now to treat customers terribly because the customers keep coming back. I would leave Tesla in a heartbeat, but right now there isn’t another good EV option for me. We might even end up trading in our S on another Tesla even though we know it is going to be a horrible purchase/ customer service experience, because the alternatives are all taking too long to get to market. At least they make amazing cars, it is really their only saving grace.

I hope Tesla figures out customer service before it is too late. It is only a matter of time before their customers have options and start choosing to go elsewhere.

Tesla has the most horrible support and I want to complain about it. They claim it’s “different than other luxury car support because their support staff is salaried employees”, but it is the worst possible experience about anything in life.

It’s been 3 months summon has stopped working (see error below) and they invariably wait till the day of appointment and then postpone it out by another week. This has gone on for about 12 times in a row now. Also there is NO adequate explanation as to why postponed.. “we are diagnosing” or “can you send last screenshot again we lost it…”

Musk is so big no point shaming him anywhere; there’d be blind supporters all around. But look at the reality from owners’ perspective. I have 5 issues with my car and they’re harassing and treating like a slave with each issue. I have no control of timing and quality of fixes.

Rather than making the car dance and fart, can’t these guys fix what they advertise?

Attachments

• ED2A7D8A-6D69-43FA-9324-9658D27F3720.jpeg
    ED2A7D8A-6D69-43FA-9324-9658D27F3720.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 41
FWIW I've been getting cancelled appointments for HW3 upgrade due to no parts for over 3 months now.

Long before anything was shut down.

That's a 100% BS excuse.

(Also- the HW3 computers aren't even made at the CA factory in the first place)

Likewise when Tesla was caught months ago still putting 2.5 computers into brand new cars in china because they had no HW3 to put in- that also wasn't the virus.

Asking Tesla employees questions is basically useless-most of them know less than the folks asking the questions... but almost none are properly trained on the basic concept of "If you don't know- tell the customer you do not know but will find out for them"

Instead they just lie to you and hope to get you off the phone/chat/whatever.

Love the car- hate the "service"
Ditto same experience!!

Tesla has the most horrible support and I want to complain about it. They claim it’s “different than other luxury car support because their support staff is salaried employees”, but it is the worst possible experience about anything in life.

It’s been 3 months summon has stopped working among 5 issues in total and they invariably wait till the day of appointment and then postpone it out by another week. This has gone on for about 12 times in a row now.

Musk is so big no point shaming him anywhere; there’d be blind supporters all around. But look at the reality from owners’ perspective. I have 5 issues with my car and they’re harassing and treating like a slave witu each issue. I have no control of timing and quality of fixes.

Rather than making the car dance and fart, can’t these guys fix what they advertise?

@M109Rider The point is, know what you're getting into before you buy. If I would have read a thread like this one prior to making my purchase I might have made a different decision. My intent is to inform people. I hope that Tesla becomes more customer focused as they move forward, but they have been selling cars since 2012 (maybe even earlier), so they've had time to improve. Customer satisfaction is all about repeat business, if you want customers to come back and buy again then treat them right the first time. Customers like you and @toolman335 clearly love the service, so your expectations have been met. However, there are many customers that don't feel the same way.
This thread did not exist back then. Would probably not exist if that owner hadn’t bought! And the thread deserves to exist. Not sure I see full logic. Sorry

Tesla won’t change until they get some competition. Unfortunately it costs them nothing right now to treat customers terribly because the customers keep coming back. I would leave Tesla in a heartbeat, but right now there isn’t another good EV option for me. We might even end up trading in our S on another Tesla even though we know it is going to be a horrible purchase/ customer service experience, because the alternatives are all taking too long to get to market. At least they make amazing cars, it is really their only saving grace.

I hope Tesla figures out customer service before it is too late. It is only a matter of time before their customers have options and start choosing to go elsewhere.
Very well said..