Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first 100+ miles trip.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an opportunity to drive my new M3SR on a 55 miles trip (round trip is 110 miles) with only 8 miles city driving.
Since my battery was charged to 100% the previous night, the car reports 110 miles using 23 kWh.
A quick math give 110/23 x 57 (battery capacity) results in 272.xxx miles which is the expected max range on flat road.
Most of my driving is between 65 to 70 miles/hour.
For city driving (my daily commute), the match results in nearly 300+ miles per full charge due to frequent stops at traffic light. This is also expected thanks to regen breaking.
My wife in passenger seat also tried to play some you tube video while I drive, the screen showed some sort of error message.
However, when we parked in some shopping area, you tube videos can be played smoothly (expected as I just subscribed to Prime Connectivity on Jan/02.
Some of these youtube videos are for karaoke song. I did sing along with a few while parking to test this feature, but without microphone. My guess is microphone (built in) only works for "Tesla caraoke" songs. Have not tried these yet.
I noted that music sounds really great inside the Tesla.
Just a few things I learned during this short trip.