Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charger head, plastic pin got ripped out - does the pin do anything?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well someone in my family clipped the charger cable while it was plugged in. It ripped the charger right out of the car while in locked position. I am still assessing damage, and so far I found one of the plastic pins on the Tesla charger got ripped out (see picture below). I tested it and it seems even with 1 remaining pin Wall Charging still works. But I am wondering if anyone knows what those plastic pins are for and whether they would cause any issues down the line. I am hoping it's just for guiding purposes?

Also, does anyone have any experiences taking the Tesla charger head apart? If that's possible that would make it easy to replace the part.

1698104450957.png

It should still work ok

As for getting it apart - forget it. The whole thing is injected with rubber/resin and is a one time assembly deal. I had one that was erroneously generating an over temp error that I tried to get apart

I enquired about a replacement cable for the wall connector, but they’re apparently not available to buy

I still have the gen2 base if anyone needs one, or has a cable assembly to sell