Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cable unlock feature to zappi charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a tesla wall charger that failed, as such tesla support were horrendous and took 6 weeks to get a reply. We ended up replacing the charger with a myenergi zappi.
The issue I have is the my energy cable doesn't have the unlock feature you get with the tesla charger. So my idea is to swap the cables to allow for the unlock button to work on the cable. Has anyone done this before? We have tested out the tesla cable and there is two comd cables white and green. I am not sure if they need a power source. Without doing any further testing.
20240213_174537.jpg

We had a tesla wall charger that failed, as such tesla support were horrendous and took 6 weeks to get a reply. We ended up replacing the charger with a myenergi zappi.
The issue I have is the my energy cable doesn't have the unlock feature you get with the tesla charger. So my idea is to swap the cables to allow for the unlock button to work on the cable. Has anyone done this before? We have tested out the tesla cable and there is two comd cables white and green. I am not sure if they need a power source. Without doing any further testing.View attachment 1017958
I tap the chargeport with my hand.

If it’s anything like TWC Gen 2, then it’s a non standard pinout. IIRC one of the pins was a temperature sensor and also low voltage - you may still find the schematics on Tesla website, at least for gen 2.

Also I think you may also find some reverse schematics on EV king website for their own mod - ie how to connect their modified cable for standard type 2 cables to the Tesla specific TWC box.

Tbh, if you are not 100% sure on what mods are required, then it’s not something that imho should be being undertaken by a non professional on these matters. It’s clearly not a 1:1 pinout so not a standard swap over.