Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Remote S app is pretty much there.already and very fast to boot (no pun intended).. Perhaps either app could be improved by adding some logging features or capabilities?
I use Remote S on my Apple Watch all the time, and as you say, Remote S does seem faster most of the time than the standard Tesla App. I also can't think of any additional function I need including logging of some sort, and have not purchased any of the other (similar) less-functional iOS apps.

Personally, I love the fact Remote S does not maintain any of my data -- especially on it's own servers. I don't have anything to really hide, but just don't trust most companies who collect and maintain historical history about myself. If there were some sort of logging function available in a newer app, I'd have to be reassured via the privacy policy how data is protected, and where my Tesla token is stored and how it is used. I would also be interested in what a logging app does or does not do allowing my MS to still sleep, preserving battery charge especially when I'm on-the-road or parked while on vacation, without ready access to overnight/continuous chargers while I'm parked.

Emphasis added. I wonder if the OP is talking about a new app on the 17" screen rather than on a mobile phone.
If so, probably best for the OP to wait for 8.0 to appear and see if Tesla updates the CID browser or not. That would open up a wider set of possibilities for a developer vs the rather crippled/out-dated possibilities that exist for them today.

How about build Remote S for the other 55% of smartphone users...
Not to get into an Apple vs Android debate, but simply for others reading this thread to have another POV, check out this TMC poll that as of today has 54% of TMC respondents having an iOS device, and 39% with Droid. Perhaps the data is biased, or Tesla owners are different than a more generic population, or the poll is out-of-date, or just flat inaccurate from some folks POV, but the poll is what it is as of here on TMC the last update in November just last year. :)

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
I'm a software engineer in the industry and in the indie scene for longer, I've spent the last 2 months creating a better-than-official Tesla app for android while waiting for my Model S to arrive (which it did last week :)).

It does everything the official app does, but does it better and without any of the silly restrictions. Some additional features are a demo mode, access token login, and advanced local logging of telemetry and state data with your own remote sync. The official app, no offense to Tesla (love you guys), but it is noticeably poorly written and looks out-sourced (Baidu??). I could go into details but I digress.

I'm looking for a few BETA testers as it's nearing completion, a Model X owner would be great. If you're interested let me know!

td_home1.jpg

More screenshots here:
Dropbox - Tesla Dashboard (BETA)

When (if) I can write an app for the car, it will be to scrape data from BM reports on real-time generation data, and then see how many kg of CO2 were used to charge the car. I think that would be cool.

e.g. (this data was from 1 min ago)
Coal: 1.08GW
Nuclear: 8.63 GW
Gas:18.1 GW
Wind: 2.45GW
Other: 2.1 GW

..and then from that create a display on how much CO2 per generation method. As of just now, we are putting out 4100 tonnes of CO2 per hour from coal/gas plants in the UK.

Then you can say, for your 40 minute supercharge, you added x kWh of electricity which gives you n kg/whatever of CO2...and a comparison to an ICE car.....

I just think that'd be interesting for people.

I'm a software engineer in the industry and in the indie scene for longer, I've spent the last 2 months creating a better-than-official Tesla app for android while waiting for my Model S to arrive (which it did last week :)).

It does everything the official app does, but does it better and without any of the silly restrictions. Some additional features are a demo mode, access token login, and advanced local logging of telemetry and state data with your own remote sync. The official app, no offense to Tesla (love you guys), but it is noticeably poorly written and looks out-sourced (Baidu??). I could go into details but I digress.

I'm looking for a few BETA testers as it's nearing completion, a Model X owner would be great. If you're interested let me know!

td_home1.jpg

More screenshots here:
Dropbox - Tesla Dashboard (BETA)

Would love to help beta this