Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App V4.12.0 Adds Tire Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, are saying it doesn't update air pressure when you wake it up through the app? You have to be driving?
The tire pressure sensors only work when you’re driving. They go to sleep when the car isn’t moving to save battery so it doesn’t matter if you check from the app or from the car, the most recent pressure info you can get is from right before you last parked.

That was the point of my response to @Randy-12; he was criticizing the app for a shortcoming that is intrinsic to the sensors and has nothing to do with the app.

Reactions: cmy4x4
The tire pressure sensors only work when you’re driving. They go to sleep when the car isn’t moving to save battery so it doesn’t matter if you check from the app or from the car, the most recent pressure info you can get is from right before you last parked.

That was the point of my response to @Randy-12; he was criticizing the app for a shortcoming that is intrinsic to the sensors and has nothing to do with the app.
Ok, cool. I wasn't aware of that. It seemed strange because I was running some errands and my tire pressure seemed to be ok. Went into the store and when i got into the car, I was alarmed that my tire pressure was low and to not drive. So I stayed there and sure enough, had a hole in the corner of the tire. It must of happened pulling into the parking lot and I didnt notice when I stopped.

The tire pressure at the end of your last driving session is not going to show the cold pressure. You will only get that after your drive a short distance like before. The tire hot/cold tire pressures can vary a fair amount between the seasons. A nice new feature none the less.

FYI, I moved our M3P from the garage into the driveway, like 20 feet, car sat for a couple of hours. Then I backed it back into the garage, and my tire pressure is showing 2 hours ago as the last reported pressure.

So it must not take much movement and my pressure is definitely "cold" given it was driven like 30 seconds.

I have a '21 with the new TPS design, just in case there's any difference. :)

I've been trying for 4 days strait, no bueno.
Tesla may have pulled the latest iPhone firmware due to this problem discussed in the following thread?

For the life of me I can't figure out the love affair for tire pressure in the app and on the car screen at all times is all about.

Knowing what the pressure in my tires was 8 hours ago are in the app is not going to help me when I pull out of my driveway and get a flat.
It is the instant pressure alert to me that is important and not what the pressure was then.

Also I don't look at the app while driving.
But then again I don't even look in the service menu of the car to see the pressure unless I'm noodling around on the screen.
Perhaps like yourself, in the past I rarely cared about tire pressures as I checked them manually about once a month anyway to compensate for seasonal temp changes adding air as needed. I noticed though since buying vehicles that have no spare tires that I check the apps or in-car displays much more frequently for two reasons: normal seasonal temp changes, and potential slow leaks. I’ve had one of the latter in my Model 3 and found the displayed information useful. The “no spare tire” thing concerns me perhaps more than it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepydoc
Tesla may have pulled the latest iPhone firmware due to this problem discussed in the following thread?

Ah, yes. There seems to be a bug. Im on Android, but it still can be an issue. Thanks

I have ver 2022.24.5. I see no tire pressure info under Controls in the app on my IPhone.

Do you have V4.12 of the app?

Mine was also toggled off, you have to tap this icon:

1662291915924.png

Last edited:
Just now I updated the app (on the iphone itself). Of course the key to see this data on your phone or iPad is having the updated device app, not the software update in the car. But, the App Store at first didn’t offer an app update. About a day after, the App Store showed an update was availabl. Thanks for the info.