Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App missing Help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Help missing from Tesla App for anyone else?

I just got off the phone with Tesla Support and they advised it's the best way to communicate. But when they stepped me through finding Help it's not there.

I can't find it on the website either. The contact us page also seems to just loop back.

I'm in APAC region. First Tesla so I might just be doing things wrong as well.

Solution
There is no "help" that I am aware of in the app, other than submitting a service request. You are not going to chat with someone through the app without opening a service request (which is likely what they are pushing you to do ).
Support rep can see it on her phone or at least said she could. Maybe different for them. She was 100% certain it should be there.

My question was account related to a refund. My novated leasing company paid the total price of car so my deposit needs to come back, so didn't seem related to a service. I guess just service -> other would have been the place to go.

I ended up bugging them via the sms chain from the delivery. The hold message said I could.

Upvote 0
Not on mine. Well not on the page described. Tesla Support directed me to profile page as well.
If I’m in the wrong spot then I’m a Gumby.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not on mine. Well not on the page described. Tesla Support directed me to profile page as well.
If I’m in the wrong spot then I’m a Gumby.
Should be right above Sign Out on that page. Maybe you have an older version of the app — if it’s older than 4.21.0, upgrade. The app version is displayed at the bottom of that same page.

Another thought: is your account the owner account, or are you an additional driver on someone else’s account?

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
The Help option is in the app, but it’s on your profile page, the same one where you access Settings.

It's between Add / Remove Products and Sign Out in my app (Android app version 4.21.0-1717).

Maybe it's configured differently because you're leasing?

Should be right above Sign Out on that page. Maybe you have an older version of the app — if it’s older than 4.21.0, upgrade. The app version is displayed at the bottom of that same page.

Another thought: is your account the owner account, or are you an additional driver on someone else’s account?

Learn something new every day, as the saying goes. I had no idea there was a "help" option in the app on the profile but its there on my iPhone as you mention. What does it actually do? I stepped through it till it wanted me to ask a question.

Upvote 0
Learn something new every day, as the saying goes. I had no idea there was a "help" option in the app on the profile but its there on my iPhone as you mention. What does it actually do? I stepped through it till it wanted me to ask a question.
I think all it does is list support articles that might be relevant to your issue, similar to the Contact Support website. I was disappointed to find that you couldn’t actually contact Support via the Help option, since you can no longer do that on the website either.

Upvote 0