Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 key card in apple watch wallet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some apps, that allow you to unlock your car and drive, are pricey, Stats, and some are cheap, EVWatch, and some are in the middle WatchforTesla. I have all 3, plus others, but I currently use WatchforTesla in a complication on my Watch. Remember, you need a network connection, so the cellular version Watch is required.
FYI, not all the apps require you to have a cellular version to function. At least not anymore. I know WatchforTesla allows you to set up a bluetooth key that unlocks the car without an internet connection. Tessie is working on it now and is available in the TestFlight version of their app. I attached of screenshot of the WatchforTesla settings where you can set I have Bluetooth direct vehicle control enabled (it isn't connecting because I'm not near my car).

Attachments

• incoming-A77082CE-B8AD-47F5-A7FE-095C990F29FB.PNG
    incoming-A77082CE-B8AD-47F5-A7FE-095C990F29FB.PNG
    46.3 KB · Views: 46
I have a non cellular watch and can unlock /lock the door or use it as a key wen prompted by the car.i do not require my phone to be with me When i go shopping i can leave my phone at home.The watch uses bluetooth to connect to the car however it only works when you are in close proximity to the car.All the required settings to allow you to do this can be found on the watch the watch has to be set up as a key the app i use is the watch for tesla

You say you dont carry a purse, but if you are getting into a vehicle, you need to be carrying your drivers license somewhere. The Tesla keycard will fit in that same place, wherever it is.
While I agree in principle, in our region it is no longer required to have a physical DL card. Instead one can use the local authority app for an electronic DL. Doesn't even need a permanent internet connection because it keeps a local copy.
I am a bit old fashioned, though, and usually have both physical cards on me, together.