Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax Credit Bill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the delay implications of putting your order on hold? How soon after you click “I’m ready” will you realistically get matched ? I placed an order for a Y on Feb with delivery late sep. - Nov. do people still sell reservations ?
Theoretically you’re close to or past the latest hold date. The latest hold date you can request is the first date of the delivery window when ordered. So if it was September 1 your done. Ironically people who order today can’t hold past December
519888A0-13DF-4035-AE5F-B629561A41B6.jpeg

I wonder if TSLA will release "official" info. They're booked out anyway and this bill is based on deliveries starting next year
I suspect Tesla is concerned about a lot of people delaying delivery from Q4 to Q1, so aren't motivated to detail what products get the tax credit, and how much credit.

The lack of information from Tesla is deafening 🤬

I suspect Tesla is concerned about a lot of people delaying delivery from Q4 to Q1,
My thoughts exactly except I think that’s why they moved the first date to December so that new orders could not be held until January. This will allow them to shift old orders which have holds on them to new orders which won’t in December

So I just tried to call my delivery center. I was on hold forever and got redirected to a Telsa call center. Here's what they told me.
  • You cannot place an order on hold.
  • Only option is to reply to your first VIN text and see what happens.
  • Tesla's priority is to get these cars delivered.
I'm going to try to call the local center again later to see if I can get a real local person, not some global call center.

So I just tried to call my delivery center. I was on hold forever and got redirected to a Telsa call center. Here's what they told me.
  • You cannot place an order on hold.
  • Only option is to reply to your first VIN text and see what happens.
  • Tesla's priority is to get these cars delivered.
I'm going to try to call the local center again later to see if I can get a real local person, not some global call center.
FYI, just got through to Devon Tesla in PA. They told me the same thing. Holds not possible...

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
...or increased reluctance for people to take delivery before 1/1/23, especially in the USA
Info from Tesla…
So apparently, some holds are being released (cancelled)
I was also informed that the reason that deliveries are being moved up is because of increased production in both US and China.

Funny wife wants to buy a PHEV and we can't find the ones we want b/f year end for the tax credits that are expiring 1/1. Why can TSLA make cars faster but others can't??

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia