Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit 2024 [The tax credit discussion thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question is will TSLA wait for it for me to p/u. I am not in a rush. I just don't want to get a VIN assigned in the interim or lose inventory discount
I don't understand, inventory discounts only apply to the specific VIN you ordered. So if you have a inventory discount you already have a VIN assigned.

They likely will not hold it, you normally have three days to take delivery once the vehicle is ready.

I don't understand, inventory discounts only apply to the specific VIN you ordered. So if you have a inventory discount you already have a VIN assigned.

They likely will not hold it, you normally have three days to take delivery once the vehicle is ready.

I have a custom order, but I want to get the current inventory discounts and assign VIN. What about the POS setup delay?

Looks like the inventory discounts are here for now. Q is will they be there once they get POS set up?

I can't do "earlier pickup" for in-transit vehicles with an inventory discount through the app. Can SAs do that for me? I'm not in a rush, but want the inventory discount

Looks like the inventory discounts are here for now. Q is will they be there once they get POS set up?

I can't do "earlier pickup" for in-transit vehicles with an inventory discount through the app. Can SAs do that for me? I'm not in a rush, but want the inventory discount
The discounts I received are fantastic, and I'm thrilled with them.
I secured a USD$ 5,750 adjustment, a $1,000 credit for reserving a CyberTruck, and a $500 NY Drive Clean rebate.
Essentially, this almost entirely offsets the cost of all the additional features on the car, including its red color, hitch, seven seats, white interior, and 20" wheels.
I chose a vehicle that was in transit on December 30, but unsurprisingly, it didn't arrive before the year's end.
Consequently, I missed out on the offer of six months of free supercharging.
However, I wonder, what's the value of that offer? Around $500?

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
The discounts I received are fantastic, and I'm thrilled with them.
I secured a USD$ 5,750 adjustment, a $1,000 credit for reserving a CyberTruck, and a $500 NY Drive Clean rebate.
Essentially, this almost entirely offsets the cost of all the additional features on the car, including its red color, hitch, seven seats, white interior, and 20" wheels.
I chose a vehicle that was in transit on December 30, but unsurprisingly, it didn't arrive before the year's end.
Consequently, I missed out on the offer of six months of free supercharging.
However, I wonder, what's the value of that offer? Around $500?
The value could range from none to 6,000-7,500 miles worth of kWh. Since you don’t have it, I suggest you go with none.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh and wildguess
I placed an inventory order on 1/1 for a Model Y LR and I have asked several times about the POS tax credit. They first told me they are working on it with the IRS. Today they called and left a voicemail telling me not to cancel my order yet and see how things play out. She said there may not be a POS option. I don’t know if she meant ever or just for my order. I got a good discount so I don’t want to cancel, but I’m thinking if the time comes and they aren’t offering POS or won’t let me delay, I will have to cancel. we All know they won’t let anyone delay a delivery.

I placed an inventory order on 1/1 for a Model Y LR and I have asked several times about the POS tax credit. They first told me they are working on it with the IRS. Today they called and left a voicemail telling me not to cancel my order yet and see how things play out. She said there may not be a POS option. I don’t know if she meant ever or just for my order. I got a good discount so I don’t want to cancel, but I’m thinking if the time comes and they aren’t offering POS or won’t let me delay, I will have to cancel. we All know they won’t let anyone delay a delivery.
Assuming you have sufficient tax liability, you can adjust withholdings (W-2) or your estimated quarterlies (1099) to recoup the credit before April 15 2025.

Assuming you have sufficient tax liability, you can adjust withholdings (W-2) or your estimated quarterlies (1099) to recoup the credit before April 15 2025.

Better at POS but achieves the same objective. I thought this year had to be POS to prevent double dipping. I hope it's just a matter of when, not if TSLA implements the POS.

Reactions: mongo