Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit 2023 [The tax credit discussion thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8038.jpeg

855 new Y’s for sale, yikes thats not good. Now I know why Tesla was rage calling me in Dec to but one 🙄

Thats $40+ million unsold sitting inventory, that aint good no natter how you spin it.
Why is it bad, how else can Tesla sell to people how need a car now?
What are the payment terms for Tesla suppliers, has Tesla actually paid for the parts those cars are made from?
If it is bad, how much worse off is every other volume manufacturer?

What are the payment terms for Tesla suppliers, has Tesla actually paid for the parts those cars are made from?

Good points TSLA probably has beter terms and lower costs compared to every other volume manufacturer with no dealers etc.

Not sure if it's bad but over a 1000 cars sitting unsold and last years model cannot be great.....especially since there is a rumored refresh coming.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
This amount has been the same and it's only climbing so if it's "one day of sales" then why is there so many? I highly doubt Tesla is selling a thousand cars a day right now 😆
The thing about annualized sales numbers is they don’t necessarily sell the same number of cars on every single day. Yes, that’s true.

The point being, a thousand cars in Tesla’s inventory pipeline is a rounding error at current production rates. You’re blindly stabbing around for a problem where none exists.

Reactions: mongo
I have a feeling it’s part of the sustained discount strategy leading to Juniper / upgrade transition at some point this year.

I think you're right. they'll have this sustained discount compared to custom orders (Dealers do it all the time for cars sitting on the lot)

Q: is when to pull to trigger since the POS credit system isn't ready yet and they're pushy to p/u once I pick inventory.

I do not want my custom order to be filled either though since that has NO discount. I wish they had a custom order tracker