Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Model S Seat Cover Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model S P100D and spent a fair amount of time researching seat covers for this car. After researching, I concluded that I would take my chances with Taptes.

Now during the research phase, I did come across a fair number of negative reviews (and also see a number of bad reviews on the Tesla Motor Club blog site) but decided to move forward with Taptes based on what I felt were the next best alternatives considering price, value, form, fit, function, customization flexibility, delivery time and the reviews from others.

Just to get it out there, my experience was nothing but very positive. I just had my covers installed by and upholstery shop (not enough patience to do it myself) and I'm extremely happy with the product. The fit and quality are outstanding and they matched the covers to the exact design and color I specified. Could not be happier with the product.

In addition the buying experience was very positive. They were very responsive, had great communication throughout the process and kept me informed up until the product arrived. I was also very happy with how they packaged the seat covers as I had heard other customers complain about them being folded so tightly that it created creases in the leather when they unpackaged them. I asked them to not do that and the covers came packaged in such a way that there were zero creases and had plenty of breathing room in the box (they listened!).

Only complaint is the seat covers took about 8 weeks from the time I placed the order to when they arrived but considering they were custom made and came from China, it's very reasonable. The final cost for covers was $800. Well worth the end product.

Even the professional upholstery shop that did the install was impressed with the product and fit. I asked them what they would have charged me to make covers themselves (which they have done for Tesla owners in the past) and he told me $4500.00.

I thought I'd share my experience for those looking for covers for their Tesla. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 825
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    501.4 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    482.1 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    466.2 KB · Views: 303
I have a 2018 Model S P100D and spent a fair amount of time researching seat covers for this car. After researching, I concluded that I would take my chances with Taptes.

Now during the research phase, I did come across a fair number of negative reviews (and also see a number of bad reviews on the Tesla Motor Club blog site) but decided to move forward with Taptes based on what I felt were the next best alternatives considering price, value, form, fit, function, customization flexibility, delivery time and the reviews from others.

Just to get it out there, my experience was nothing but very positive. I just had my covers installed by and upholstery shop (not enough patience to do it myself) and I'm extremely happy with the product. The fit and quality are outstanding and they matched the covers to the exact design and color I specified. Could not be happier with the product.

In addition the buying experience was very positive. They were very responsive, had great communication throughout the process and kept me informed up until the product arrived. I was also very happy with how they packaged the seat covers as I had heard other customers complain about them being folded so tightly that it created creases in the leather when they unpackaged them. I asked them to not do that and the covers came packaged in such a way that there were zero creases and had plenty of breathing room in the box (they listened!).

Only complaint is the seat covers took about 8 weeks from the time I placed the order to when they arrived but considering they were custom made and came from China, it's very reasonable. The final cost for covers was $800. Well worth the end product.

Even the professional upholstery shop that did the install was impressed with the product and fit. I asked them what they would have charged me to make covers themselves (which they have done for Tesla owners in the past) and he told me $4500.00.

I thought I'd share my experience for those looking for covers for their Tesla. Good luck.
Does the rear seat cover allow the back seat to split fold down?

Also, which leather did you get? Nappa, Space, etc.