Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take off rear wheel well liner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was replacing old mud flaps with new ones (Rally Armor), and one of the plastic screws holding them was pretty stuck, forcing me to break it. I grabbed the front part with pliers, but the rear part fell back through the hole, into what I assume is the undercarriage:

tmy_liner.jpg

I'm now worried that it will rattle around while driving,wondering what's the best way to get it. Should I try to take the wheel well liner off, and if so - how? Or should I take off the plastic undercarriage?

I was replacing old mud flaps with new ones (Rally Armor), and one of the plastic screws holding them was pretty stuck, forcing me to break it. I grabbed the front part with pliers, but the rear part fell back through the hole, into what I assume is the undercarriage:

View attachment 871697

I'm now worried that it will rattle around while driving,wondering what's the best way to get it. Should I try to take the wheel well liner off, and if so - how? Or should I take off the plastic undercarriage?
It’s such a tiny plastic piece, you will probably not hear anything. I had the same situation 6 months ago and that plastic piece is still there somewhere. I never noticed any rattle.

Do they take the rear bottom plastic part off to install the trailer hitch? If so, then I guess it'll take care of itself :)

On the other hand, if they do need to take it off, then they'll also need to take off the mud flaps, which will ruin the mounting hardware :(

View attachment 871697

How has this been? Literally the same thing happened to me in my right front rear wheel well. What did you end up doing/did anything go wrong for you?