Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching from 21 MYLR Stock Suspension to a 23 MPY Stock Suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have my 21 MYLR and hate the rough suspension. I have an opportunity to purchase a set of used 23 MPY "comfort" stock suspension components for a decent price, but Im wondering what modifications I would need to make them work, if any. Also if there has been any notable difference between the LR comfort suspension vs the comfort performance. In addition to the parts, I would need to get an alignment due to the lowered stance, which is also making me considering just trying to purchase the LR suspension direct from Tesla.

Just looking to get some opinions.

Thanks!

Have you confirmed the part #'s to ensure they are the newer "comfort" suspension? I believe they switched over sometime in 2023 so if it's from an earlier build it may not be the comfort version. AFAIK, no additional parts should be needed and should be a direct swap from MYLR to MYP. I have been contemplating switching to the MYP suspension. I've got a 23MYLR and have been fine with the ride quality (my previous cars were generally on the sportier side) but I want a slightly lower stance and better handling. I've been looking at aftermarket options but am worried about voiding warranty.

Have you confirmed the part #'s to ensure they are the newer "comfort" suspension? I believe they switched over sometime in 2023 so if it's from an earlier build it may not be the comfort version. AFAIK, no additional parts should be needed and should be a direct swap from MYLR to MYP. I have been contemplating switching to the MYP suspension. I've got a 23MYLR and have been fine with the ride quality (my previous cars were generally on the sportier side) but I want a slightly lower stance and better handling. I've been looking at aftermarket options but am worried about voiding warranty.
Based on the reddit and posts here with the suspension part numbers 1188371-00-F, 1188376-00-F everything checks out as the new comfort parts. But It makes me wonder if there I need to get a performance control/toe arms to correct the suspension geometry.