Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're right Phil! I hadn't checked that thread before posting so I was going off what you'd said above but failed to look at the date of that post. D'oh! My bad! ;)

Yup! Looks like they should be done installing this week. We'll see how quick they can get an inspector out there for approval. Anybody know who's palm to grease at L&I? ;)

Last edited:
You're right Phil! I hadn't checked that thread before posting so I was going off what you'd said above but failed to look at the date of that post. D'oh! My bad! ;)

Yup! Looks like they should be done installing this week. We'll see how quick they can get an inspector out there for approval. Anybody know who's palm to grease at L&I? ;)

Unfortunately, My experience with L&I inspection was absolutely the worst. Guy showed up 3 days late to my job and, when asked about it, threatened to fine my electrician 500 smackers for not wearing his badge. Petty tyrant.

It might not take any extra time at all depending on your timing. By the end of the summer there should be a new Supercharger in Richmond and one in Orlando. If you time an overnight stay somewhere you can charge in South Carolina when your Richmond juice runs out, you should be able to get to Orlando in a single charge and then anywhere in Florida from there. By the end of the year the entire coast should be covered.

The future supercharger in the Richmond, VA area, if we go by Tesla's future map, will be a little bit north of the city. Mileage to South Carolina from there is too far for even the 85Kwh car to make it... A charging stop in North Carolina would be necessary unless another supercharger pops up.

From South Carolina you definitely can't make it to the Orlando area -- way too far, let alone Jacksonville which should be getting a supercharger in the fall.

The best part of all of this is that by sometime in the fall (late fall I'm guessing), you WILL be able to drive down the entire east coast just using superchargers - so even if you order your car now, by the time you get it, you won't have to wait long!

I look forward to driving from Westchester, NY to the Tampa/St Pete area in the late winter!

Look at the supercharger map and move the slider to "summer 2013" and "fall 2013" and you'll get a better idea. A circle, outlined in red, surrounds each dot (supercharger) and shows you the distance you can go from the charger.

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Aaron