Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the update. Is the utility the same as the one in Hookset? iirc, there was little delay for the twin Hookset sites to have their transformers installed.
IIRC, Hooksett is Eversource (former PSNH) turf, while Lebanon is Liberty Utilities, who bought out National Grid in NH (and still owe me $20 from the credit on my closed account after moving! :cursing:).

Whooah! Just checking in and thrilled to see the progress. Heading to Montreal in 2 weeks and looks like we won't be stopping in West Leb then, but sooooon.... So Good!
Anyone driven from Boston to Montreal - yes, yes, I'll search for a thread on that. Tesla GPS sends me on a 12 hour tour of NY State. Argh. Thinking I can shoot it from Hooksett. Bets. anyone?
Will be great to have this West Leb SC running. Bravo, Good People of Tesla.

Whooah! Just checking in and thrilled to see the progress. Heading to Montreal in 2 weeks and looks like we won't be stopping in West Leb then, but sooooon.... So Good!
Anyone driven from Boston to Montreal - yes, yes, I'll search for a thread on that. Tesla GPS sends me on a 12 hour tour of NY State. Argh. Thinking I can shoot it from Hooksett. Bets. anyone?
Will be great to have this West Leb SC running. Bravo, Good People of Tesla.

At least a couple threads on Boston to Montreal and back. The general consensus at this point is stop at Hooksett, then use one of the CHAdeMo chargers in Montpelier or Burlington. I still occasionally get people stopping at my house for 80A between Boston and Montreal but it's faster to use the CHAdeMO chargers (not that I mind).

I've made the trip a number of times now, and that's exactly how I've done it. While I wouldn't encourage anyone to try, I think you might make it from Hooksett with super conservative driving and favorable conditions. Just be warned that once you get past Burlington, there aren't any great charging options. Safest bet is a CHAdeMO stop in VT.

Hopefully they get someone out there to complete the work soon. It's a shame to have it 99.5% done and just sitting there.
I think they weren't around yesterday because it was raining.

Further work today:
  • Pulled wires from the transformer pad to the equipment pad (although, based on the length of wire exposed, maybe they aren't pulled all the way through).
  • All the charging bollards have been wired.
  • 2 (of 8) stations are fully assembled.
  • The two (LED) light posts are on-site, ready to be installed.
I wasn't able to get there before 4:30, and the crew had already left. I had hoped to stop by earlier in the day and ask when they through they'd be done. Although, based on today's progress, I'd guess not long.

I will try to stop by earlier on Friday and catch the crew.

2015-06-17 16.29.01 (Large).jpg

2015-06-17 16.30.23 (Large).jpg

I think they weren't around yesterday because it was raining.

Further work today:
  • Pulled wires from the transformer pad to the equipment pad (although, based on the length of wire exposed, maybe they aren't pulled all the way through).
  • All the charging bollards have been wired.
  • 2 (of 8) stations are fully assembled.
  • The two (LED) light posts are on-site, ready to be installed.

The pulled wires are interesting. It seems that all the cables are going through 2 of the 4 conduits. Other places that I have seen, use a conduit per phase, and the fourth conduit for neutral. Hmmm....

Great progress! Perhaps I'll be able to use it on my Fourth of July weekend trip.

From the photos it looks like you could charge from either side. Does it appear that way in real life? An interesting configuration, but the stations seem very exposed to being hit by cars. Perhaps they're planning to install cement wheel blocks on both sides?

Has anyone seen a layout like this elsewhere?

Great progress! Perhaps I'll be able to use it on my Fourth of July weekend trip.

From the photos it looks like you could charge from either side. Does it appear that way in real life? An interesting configuration, but the stations seem very exposed to being hit by cars. Perhaps they're planning to install cement wheel blocks on both sides?

Hamilton, NJ perhaps...

...From the photos it looks like you could charge from either side. Does it appear that way in real life? An interesting configuration, but the stations seem very exposed to being hit by cars. Perhaps they're planning to install cement wheel blocks on both sides?

I mentioned in an earlier post that you might be able to charge from either side. the bollards are offset to the Rte 12A side a little, but not by much. There's no evidence of curbing or wheel blocks to be installed. I guess we'll have to wait until they're done. As it is now, you could charge from both sides.

Judging by the lack of venting at the bottom of the charging stalls and the size of the wire the charging handle is on, it looks like these won't be liquid cooled. Do they only put liquid cooled SCs in hotter areas? It would benefit any climate wouldn't it?

Yes, Kingston, Ontario SuperCharger... and yes I think too it's brilliant! (the stall at the corner is also very well thought... when ICE'd, the Tesla can charge IN FRONT of the ICE blocking it! ;) )

77562.jpg

liqid cooled.PNG
Those cables shown are definitely not the new liquid-cooled version, which are slimmer. My guess is that Tesla is only installing the new design in a few locations near HQ, where they can be monitored and maintained more easily. I.e., my guess is that the liquid cooling is in beta test.

You can certainly see the difference in the smaller size of the liquid cooled cables in this picture from Mountain view
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/47824-Supercharger-Mountain-View-(went-LIVE-on-06-09-2015)/page11?p=1035386&viewfull=1#post1035386

Almost there!

This morning's update. It looks like we're almost there.
  • Remaining charging stations completed.
  • HV wires run from the transformer pad to the street pole.
  • Street lights installed onto concrete bases.
All that appears to be left are: transformer installation, no parking signs, and general site cleanup.

This morning's photo:
2015-06-20 11.18.55 (Large).jpg

The pulled wires are interesting. It seems that all the cables are going through 2 of the 4 conduits. Other places that I have seen, use a conduit per phase, and the fourth conduit for neutral. Hmmm....
Actually, it looks like they hadn't completed pulling the wires to the pad in that photo. Here's what it looks like today:

2015-06-20 11.20.59 (Large).jpg

You can see the street pole in the distance. The HV conduit extends up the pole about 10 feet. The wires exit the conduit and drop back down to the ground, with the excess stored on the spool. It's hard to tell, but there are definitely 3 wires there (I know, it looks like 2). I'm assuming those exit the conduit on the left side (street side) of the transformer pad. You can see that the wire/conduit mix is different from the prior post (3 conduits used vs 2).

Judging by the lack of venting at the bottom of the charging stalls and the size of the wire the charging handle is on, it looks like these won't be liquid cooled. Do they only put liquid cooled SCs in hotter areas? It would benefit any climate wouldn't it?

Those cables shown are definitely not the new liquid-cooled version, which are slimmer. My guess is that Tesla is only installing the new design in a few locations near HQ, where they can be monitored and maintained more easily. I.e., my guess is that the liquid cooling is in beta test.

These stations look just like the other, non-liquid cooled ones I've seen. As zax123 said, there is no indication of venting for the coolant radiator. This closeup of one of the charging cables shows it's the old school thick cable:
2015-06-20 11.19.41 (Medium).jpg

Hard to tell, but it looks like the center one (4th from either end) might have had the cable installed backwards. I saw this at the new Charlotte, NC supercharger. The cable was installed so that the plug would naturally lay backwards and had to be twisted around to be hung up. Might not be great for the cable long term.

This is the one backwards Charlotte, NC cable:
20150529_103738.jpg

This morning's update. It looks like we're almost there.
  • Remaining charging stations completed.
  • HV wires run from the transformer pad to the street pole.
  • Street lights installed onto concrete bases.
All that appears to be left are: transformer installation, no parking signs, and general site cleanup.

This morning's photo:

Actually, it looks like they hadn't completed pulling the wires to the pad in that photo. Here's what it looks like today:

You can see the street pole in the distance. The HV conduit extends up the pole about 10 feet. The wires exit the conduit and drop back down to the ground, with the excess stored on the spool. It's hard to tell, but there are definitely 3 wires there (I know, it looks like 2). I'm assuming those exit the conduit on the left side (street side) of the transformer pad. You can see that the wire/conduit mix is different from the prior post (3 conduits used vs 2).

Thanks for the pictures and updates.

That set of three High Voltage cables plus ground looks like it's almost ready at the pole. Looks like they have the three phases plus ground pulled to the Equipment Enclosure from the Transformer. I bet that there is still a set of neutral cables from the transformer to the Equipment Enclosure still left to pull. Here are some pictures of those connections being made in Farmington, NM:

View attachment 84456

View attachment 84457