Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Covina, CA - South Azusa Ave. (LIVE 1 Sep 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few weeks ago saw some contruction markings in the parking lot of what looked like trenches from the street so Ive been checking on this every few days. Sure enough green fences went up a couple of days ago. Work is already well underway with conduit already started and some of the equipment (see photo of footings). I only saw 5 of the concrete footings on site but there are conduit leads for more like a dozen stalls. Will have to go by a check it out later though when there isn't so much work going on.

This is in the south side of the Tokyo Central parking lot, 1414 S Azusa Ave, West Covina, CA 91791.

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    560.3 KB · Views: 346
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 9.38.49 AM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 9.38.49 AM 1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 153
Stopped by today and the transformer pad is still empty.

Side note, I don’t know why they put the chargers where they did. It’s the main part of the parking lot for all the businesses on the south side of the complex. That area was always kinda jammed to begin with. Seems like they would have had more space on the west side of the complex.

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpeg
    IMG_1950.jpeg
    419.3 KB · Views: 88
Stopped by today and the transformer pad is still empty.

Side note, I don’t know why they put the chargers where they did. It’s the main part of the parking lot for all the businesses on the south side of the complex. That area was always kinda jammed to begin with. Seems like they would have had more space on the west side of the complex.
they wanna be next to dunkin lol

On the weekends with the gym and Tokyo Central open this lot always is jammed packed. It was hard to find a place to park without 20 being taking away for dedicated charging spaces. Personally I think it's going to be a problem but it might be one of those things where the chargers have so much traffic that there isn't as much opportunity for ICEing. Another issue I can see is there isn't much space for queueing.

With that said maybe queueing won't be an issue because of the supercharger down the street and the other planned ones. Eastland center seems to be getting one and potentially IKEA.