Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Weed, CA (under construction, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it is contractors that build out the charging sites but what about commissioning ? The only folks I have seen working on superchargers (repairs, replacing cables) are Tesla employees. Be interesting to see if this site gets turned on soon. Wish I still lived in Weed, I would camp out at the site just to talk to a Tesla person and get a first hand impression of what the heck is happening. The charging network has been, by far, the best thing about having a Tesla. Really hope they don’t screw it up.
I have been to a commissioning. There are 6-7 Tesla employees that do it. It's an on-site function.

• Informative
Reactions: Ckerr and mborkow
Of course there is,
From your mouth to god ear 😆. Unless you know a Tesla employee who does the commissioning. I agree it is nuts to think there is no one to turn on sites but at this point I would not put it past them. Letting go the interns was a last straw for me, that is just cruel doing that just before they start. Nothing will surprise me now.

Reactions: RSpanner
OK, not that I am a paranoid sort I did poke around to see if any sites have been commissioned in the past few days. Looks like a few back east on Thurs-Friday (one is Lawrence MA). It seems all the horses didn’t get let out of the barn. Hopefully someone will see something happening on the west coast this week.

OK, not that I am a paranoid sort I did poke around to see if any sites have been commissioned in the past few days. Looks like a few back east on Thurs-Friday (one is Lawrence MA). It seems all the horses didn’t get let out of the barn. Hopefully someone will see something happening on the west coast this week.
We had one in Anderson Ca, sit for almost a calendar year before it was turned on. Hell they went from 0 to 44 stalls in less time that it did to turn on 8 that were already in the ground

We had one in Anderson Ca, sit for almost a calendar year before it was turned on. Hell they went from 0 to 44 stalls in less time that it did to turn on 8 that were already in the ground
Wow, I have seen them sitting around waiting for a transformer but once that is in things move pretty quickly. For the three near me it was a week or so from transformer to commissioning.