Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... 8am meet-up at the chargers on July 16th? Who’s in? :)
We should definitely plan for the 16th. I'm heading there now just to check this afternoon because the Vienna supercharger is now showing as active on my navigation display. I think this would be a first if the chargers are still covered and inaccessible and yet visible on the navigation display. Just a few minutes to find out. Will report back.
IMG_20200710_164229.jpg

We should definitely plan for the 16th. I'm heading there now just to check this afternoon because the Vienna supercharger is now showing as active on my navigation display. I think this would be a first if the chargers are still covered and inaccessible and yet visible on the navigation display. Just a few minutes to find out. Will report back.View attachment 563000
Well, that has to be a first. The property is still gated and clearly not accessible. The chargers are still covered. I can only imagine how many people are going to follow this dot on the nav to only find they can't use the charger. Let's definitely push for a gathering on the 16th.

@Chuq and @MarcoRP - definitely leave this as closed or in construction still.

IMG_20200710_170243.jpg
IMG_20200710_164229.jpg

I was there at noon. Yep, no fences. Wawa "corporate" employee was outside. She said grand opening is on schedule for tomorrow morning. I looked inside and shelves are well stocked.

I pointed to SCs covered in plastic - and asked "what about those?" She said she "believed" they would be available in the morning.

The units are buzzing with power. I plan to bring my leatherman utility knife in the morning to help assist gravity if required.
IMG_6027.JPG

I was there at noon. Yep, no fences. Wawa "corporate" employee was outside. She said grand opening is on schedule for tomorrow morning. I looked inside and shelves are well stocked.

I pointed to SCs covered in plastic - and asked "what about those?" She said she "believed" they would be available in the morning.

The units are buzzing with power. I plan to bring my leatherman utility knife in the morning to help assist gravity if required.View attachment 564850

Nice. I took a cruise through this afternoon and the Superchargers were still covered. I'll be there at 8am tomorrow for the grand opening.

When the SC opens, we’ll put an official opening date. There doesn’t need to be one when the station is on temporarily closed.

For your visit, I think it should still count in the spreadsheet, as WaWa did leave the gates open so people could go in. I mean, until the criteria is reached, I won’t publicly mark it as open, but the hard hat and blueprint attempt could still work.
@MarcoRP The kids are back in the pool in Vienna. Safe to show it open. thanks

Hey, is there some "badge of honor" for charging at an SC site on its first day open? I might have to stop by there...
well... there is a contest held in the thread "supercharges visited" where total unique superchargers visited are tracked along with 1st day visits called "firsts." Warning - some people have upwards of 900 SCs visited. @Big Earl and @theflyer, who were in Vienna today have over 500. You could get hooked!

• Love
Reactions: Big Earl
No idea, the crystal ball has gone dark for now. I can look up the site it isn't far from the office. I wonder if it is Tesla?

I would have thought Tesla was done in Northern VA for a bit except our Tyson's and Fairfax locations. I might get addicted to the super chargers.

Yah please do. Ill be down there to scope it out next week and ask around as well. I started a thread anyway, I’ve only seen Wawa host Tesla chargers so pretty sure it would be them.