Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tuggeranong ACT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, looks like a new 6 stall supercharger is being constructed in the Hyperdome in Tuggeranong, ACT

At the moment the location is fenced off and signs are up saying it will be becoming Tesla Electric Vehicle Parking.

This would help people travelling to the snow as they wont need to detour through the current site at Majura Park

It isn't clear if it's destination chargers or a Supercharger site yet, though the rumour mill is running hot with Supercharger talk.

I don't see the advantage for snow travellers though (at least from the north) - the existing Majura Park site is right next to the route from the Federal Hwy to the Monaro Hwy.

So no sign of any big boxes then?

For a large shopping centre with cinemas, you'd hope it also has AC chargers.

I'll leave it off the Wiki until we get confirmation on layout.

Any photos?
Photos at the moment are just fencing and Tesla signage. So I'm guessing we will know more in the next few months.

At the moment there are no chargers at all in the shopping centre. there is one AC charger across the road and then a 50kw DC charger about 1km away from the centre. Both are very temperamental at best

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
More of an urban one for Canberra residents without access to home charging (or Uber drivers).
Indeed. If I get an Uber run to Tuggeranong, I've probably just lost a substantial amount of my battery charge.

Though knife.point (and Tuggeranong in general) is really out of the way. Certain folks stymied the subdivision of the western half of Tuggeranong, so the centre ended up on the western fringe of the suburbs that were built. And most of what was built contains driveways and garages and are ideally suited to at-home charging. Though there are a couple of new apartment towers around knife.point whose occupants will likely have grief installing charging & will need to publicly charge while fighting their body corporate to give permission for their sparky to sort it out.
For those heading to the snow from Sydney I'd think the airport one would still be easier to access.
Oh absolutely. In theory anyway. In practice you'll look at the map and see there's queueing on snow weekends and contemplate a drive across Tuggeranong to the Hyper-D, especially if you want food that isn't McDonalds. Or if someone forgot to pack a jumper and a visit to the Kmart there is justified.

Last edited:
10 parking spaces, no Tesla signage and no hardware to be seen

20220707_185258.jpg

More of an urban one for Canberra residents without access to home charging

Seems that there's quite a few of these. They are the ones that post Plugshare checkins saying they are only getting 26kW from the Canberra superchargers in winter.

Reason is they are driving a cold car 10 minutes from home to the charger on a cold winter's morning. Battery is like a slab of ice.

I sent a message to the centre management. They confirmed that yes there will be Tesla superchargers installed, no timeframe "as the installation is managed by Tesla".
They are also planning on installing other chargers to cater for non-Tesla's.
Little update.
The Southpoint person just sent me a message again to say they have now learned that they expect them to be completed in 5 weeks from now.