Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucumcari, NM - South 1st Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1668724589759.png
    1668724589759.png
    660.2 KB · Views: 195
This is weird. There is already a supercharger at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. We often walk over to Blakes when we stop there.

I wonder what i going on with all of the Blakes locations? What is that 4 permits around New Mexico so far?

Edit to add: Maybe they're destination chargers?

This is weird. There is already a supercharger at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. We often walk over to Blakes when we stop there.

I wonder what i going on with all of the Blakes locations? What is that 4 permits around New Mexico so far?

Edit to add: Maybe they're destination chargers?

They're bulking up their infrastructure along the major travel corridors. The existing site is a 6-stall V2, which is woefully inadequate for a major interstate route these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudreyHTX1
This will supplement/replace the existing Tucumcari, NM location, and is very close.

Tucumcari - S 1st St, NM

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Blake's Lotaburger
Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-54
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: NM-209

Because it's near to the current location I'll just give distances for the existing Tucumcari, NM location:

I-40

To: Amarillo, TX (v2) - 106 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Amarillo - E Interstate 40, TX - 117.3 miles

US-54

To: Nevada, MO - 598.3 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Osage Beach, MO (v2) - 708.9 miles

Supplementing the existing Supercharger location. Amenities will have limited hours and nowhere to sleep at this one though.

To augment what BigEarl and Plus said:

As more and more people buy Teslas and travel in them, there is more and more reliance on the navigation system that Tesla has devised. Get in, dial into your destination, and follow the blue line. Stop, plug in, wait until the touchscreen says to resume, unplug, and hit the road. Lather, rinse, repeat. Makes no difference if the journey is one day or five days.

This sort of redundancy (if you will) allows for sudden contingencies if a station is down or has the dreaded "reduced power" message. I assume that the navigation will do an automatic rerouting if the system is aware of issues at a particular location, including crowding and wait times. (I do not rely upon the navigation for a long trip, so I may be wrong.)

I've spoken to a few new owners who are supercharging, and they said that they follow the navigation instructions to the letter. It makes no difference to them what their state of charge is.

Reactions: IdaX and Big Earl