Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Truckee, CA - Brockway Road (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the tips. I always stop at the Donner Pass Rd one but there is really nothing near there I have found to be too great. Luckley for me all I need to do is to charge enough (20 minutes) to get over the hill and about 20 miles of flat on the other side so I usually don't need to spend a lot of time at the charger. We have been going up the road west to Smokey's Kitchen on DPR but you have to drive there for sure.

Thanks for the tips. I always stop at the Donner Pass Rd one but there is really nothing near there I have found to be too great. Luckley for me all I need to do is to charge enough (20 minutes) to get over the hill and about 20 miles of flat on the other side so I usually don't need to spend a lot of time at the charger. We have been going up the road west to Smokey's Kitchen on DPR but you have to drive there for sure.
MakiAli is excellent Japanese and a moderate walk from the Donner Pass supercharger. I haven't found anything I'm very happy with near the Brockway one, but the Thai place isn't bad and the winery is worth a visit.

I used it last night and got regular normal charge rates. I thought it was marked as reduced because of all the snow.
That could be. The next day I charged at home and experienced the same problem. The display said 0 kWh and 0 mph but the charge was increasing. I plugged and unplugged several times with the same result. Finally, I rebooted the car and then the display was fine.

So... it could have been my car giving the wrong results and the "Reduced Service" could have been the snow... although it wasn't very hard to get in position to charge.

Tried to navigate there today but it said Reduced Service and there was a "NO" symbol on the Supercharger. Since this was going to be a touch and go I didn't go. Does anyone know what happened?

-Randy

Last edited:
My car nav currently shows “reduced service“ for this location but I’m charging here right now and see nothing to indicate problems with any of the stalls. Started charging my X100D with about 81 miles of range and got 144kW before it started to taper. Firmware 2019.20.0.1
I haven't thought of this before, but I hope Tesla is clever enough to show a site as "reduced service" in the nav for at least a few hours before a service tech shows up to do work that will actually reduce the service. That way any cars already en route when the change is made and for whom it's too late to divert will still have what regular access already exists. And those planning future/upcoming stops will be capable of knowing far enough in advance to make back-up plans or totally divert. It would definitely be the smart play and should be policy but I've no info on whether it actually is.

I haven't thought of this before, but I hope Tesla is clever enough to show a site as "reduced service" in the nav for at least a few hours before a service tech shows up to do work that will actually reduce the service. That way any cars already en route when the change is made and for whom it's too late to divert will still have what regular access already exists. And those planning future/upcoming stops will be capable of knowing far enough in advance to make back-up plans or totally divert. It would definitely be the smart play and should be policy but I've no info on whether it actually is.
This site has been marked as reduced service for months. I've charged there several times and it has always charged at max rate. Not sure why it's reduced service.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
My car nav currently shows “reduced service“ for this location but I’m charging here right now and see nothing to indicate problems with any of the stalls. Started charging my X100D with about 81 miles of range and got 144kW before it started to taper. Firmware 2019.20.0.1
I had the same experience last week. I had 20 miles left as I turned up the hill from Kings Beach and got a shock when I checked the Nav. It said the Brockway road SC was closed. When I got there, there was a local guy charging and he said that "Nav had been misreporting it for a couple of months".

I charged at 96kW beginning rate.