Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tannersville, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited this SC twice this past weekend on my road trip to see family for Christmas. Not much more to say other than its definitely working, it's FAST, and the mall security is doing a great job keeping the spots from being ICEd. I was disappointed with the food choices, and walking 100+ yards to the food court/rest rooms in <30*F temps stinks. I wonder if the porta potty will stay for our use after hours or if it was for the construction crew.

and the mall security is doing a great job keeping the spots from being ICEd.

You saw mall security shooing someone away?
I think it's more a matter that the spots are off the beaten path and not easy to find, even though the supercharger is the first thing you see pulling into the lot, that's keeping the ICE away. Probably more staff parked there than shoppers. But again, glad to have the new charger.

The charger was crowded?

I think he meant the mall. I don't know about other outlet malls, but the Crossings is usually pretty crowded, especially on weekends and around holidays. I've lived here 23 years and been there maybe 10 times, mostly when my kids were little and we needed the specialty stores (kids shoes and clothes). Usually spend a lot of time driving around looking for a parking space unless you get there early on a weekday.

I definitely don't see these superchargers getting ICE'd. They're tucked away in the far corner. I passed right by it and out the mall exit the first attempt and getting there.
I'm so glad these were operational for my trip to the Poconos. Without it I'd have to rent an ICE.

It's a good thing my charge for 50% more than needed margin still holds up to give me enough buffer. Newark, DE to Tannersville, PA is a lot of driving up hills. I even turned off the heat in the beginning just to be safe. Heading the other way was much smoother.

I definitely don't see these superchargers getting ICE'd. They're tucked away in the far corner. I passed right by it and out the mall exit the first attempt and getting there.
I'm so glad these were operational for my trip to the Poconos. Without it I'd have to rent an ICE.

It's a good thing my charge for 50% more than needed margin still holds up to give me enough buffer. Newark, DE to Tannersville, PA is a lot of driving up hills. I even turned off the heat in the beginning just to be safe. Heading the other way was much smoother.

It's all uphill west on i80 from there too until you get to Pennfield exit between Clearfield and Dubois.

I was in Dubois earlier this week and drove quickly around the mall, Big K, and Wendy's (my 3 most likely picks for that town) and didn't see any signs of construction.

No meeting minutes posted in that town so short of calling the borough office, no way to get notice of any activity.

Did you (or anyone else) happen to notice the number on the sticker below the secondary terminals?
Like this? 167
image.jpeg

Question for Loganss:

This Fall I plan a trip from West Chester PA to Tannersville. If my P90D is fully charged, is there any risk getting there? I'm concerned that there are some pretty significant mountains along the way. Did you charge at Allentown on your trip? While I'd prefer to not have to stop and charge part way, I will if that's required.

Thanks.

Question for Loganss:

This Fall I plan a trip from West Chester PA to Tannersville. If my P90D is fully charged, is there any risk getting there? I'm concerned that there are some pretty significant mountains along the way. Did you charge at Allentown on your trip? While I'd prefer to not have to stop and charge part way, I will if that's required.

Thanks.

Allentown wasn't available for me so I just went from the Wilmington, DE to Tannersville, PA supercharger. IIRC I had less than 20 miles when I got there after fully charging in DE. I took the i476 to 22 to 33 to i80 route, even though it wasn't the shortest route, because I guesstimated those highways would have the higher speed limits :biggrin: . My 50% spirited driving buffer was barely enough due to the cold and up hill driving so I turned the heat down after the first big climb. The energy chart is my best friend for road trips. It was in the 30s (F) and I had a bunch of head winds to deal with too. The return trip I had more than enough.

You car has more range than mine when full and is lighter so if you really wanted to skip Allentown from West Chester, which would make your trip shorter than mine, you should be fine. In terms of weight it was only me in the car plus luggage. Even though I think skipping Allentown is possible, I don't recommend it. If anything just stop at Allentown for 10-15 minutes, then head to Tannersville. That's what I would have done if Allentown were available.

Question for Loganss:

Thanks.

I know I'm not Loganss, but. . . :)

I plugged this in to EVTripPlanner.com. I used a P85D, 1.1 speed multiplier, 70 degrees inside and 40 degrees outside. Oh, and 400 lb payload. Not sure of your plans, but thinking this might be worst case scenario for you. If you take the NE Extension to 78 then 33, it shows only using 144 rated miles. You'll have MORE than enough. And if something goes wrong, you're driving right past Allentown.

Even if you stayed on the NE Ext all the way to 80 you're only looking at 170 rated miles.

Just for kicks, I changed the variables a bit - 1.2 speed, 75 inside, 20 outside and 800 pounds. Still only 205 rated miles going 476 and 80. Your P90D won't even break a sweat doing this trip.

That spot where the gray S is charging is awesome for folks with Model X and stuff on the hitch (trailer/bikes, etc) Glad Tesla is starting to roll out these front-in oriented stalls!

It's not charging ;). We were getting ready to leave and at the last minute thought about the pic. ;)

We love the pull in spaces. We don't put the bike rack on our Tesla so I never thought of that. That is a very good point though.

What about an X pulling a trailer. :p

Visited this location yesterday in my X. Didn't have anything on the hitch, but there are actually 2 pull in stalls there - nice! And a path to the main drag right around the corner. When I drove by earlier this summer, I thought the stalls are behind the stores and we'd have to shlep a long way around. It's actually pretty convenient.

Reactions: madodel