Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kickin, I love your license plate!

A buddy of mine from HS works across the street, and he sent me this pic today.

MS Syracuse SPC 12-MAR-2015.jpg

Last edited:
Kickin, I love your license plate!

A buddy of mine from HS works across the street, and he sent me this pic today.

Thanks for the picture. Awesome progress! Transformer is on the pad :biggrin:

There seems to be a nasty light pole on the right in front of one of the charging stalls. Hopefully it will get relocated.

I hope this site is operational before April 3rd. I am driving central NJ to Barrie, ON via Paramus, Albany, Utica/Syracuse, Kingston, (Toronto?)
On the way back via Comfort Inn, Niagara Falls, so having to go to Utica from there is 212mile.
Probably fine in a P85, but could be trouble if cold, rain, headwind. Syracuse will give peace of mind.

Last edited:
FYI, I have a 14-50R available, about 25 minutes north of Syracuse (between exit 32-33 off Interstate 81). I'm on PlugShare, but call any time of the day/night if you do have range concerns. This is assuming you are heading this way, but you mentioned Kingston.

Thanks, I'll look you up on Plugshare. I will be passing Friday 3rd early afternoon. Utica to Kingston should be OK if weather is good, but else a 14-50R is certainly better than the public J1772 in Watertown that I have as current backup in case Syracuse is not open by then

Thanks for the picture. Awesome progress! Transformer is on the pad :biggrin:

There seems to be a nasty light pole on the right in front of one of the charging stalls. Hopefully it will get relocated.

I hope this site is operational before April 3rd. I am driving central NJ to Barrie, ON via Paramus, Albany, Utica/Syracuse, Kingston, (Toronto?)
On the way back via Comfort Inn, Niagara Falls, so having to go to Utica from there is 212mile.
Probably fine in a P85, but could be trouble if cold, rain, headwind. Syracuse will give peace of mind.

I'll be interested to hear your opinion of the Comfort Inn in Niagara Falls. We're planning a trip out east in June and plan to stay there a couple nights if it's a nice place.

Note that the Travelodge in Niagara Falls has a 90A Sun Country that will deliver 72A. You don't have to be a guest but they charge for parking. That's where I stopped in September and it's a great place to charge if you want to spend a morning at the falls. In Syracuse I stopped at Lake Onondaga where the charger delivers 32A. Plus I was able to bike around the lake while waiting.

I just stopped by about 30 minutes ago and saw approx. 6 hard hats on-site. I visually confirmed the light pole in front of the superchargers is indeed gone.

It sounded like a bunch of fans running in the remaining tent. The charge stands themselves didn't seem to show any progress from Kickin's pictures.