Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Swift Current, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tip from @lloydbrokeit

Preparations are underway for the Swift Current, SK Supercharger. The Supercharger will be in the Boston Pizza parking lot at: 1601 N Service Rd, Swift Current SK S9H 3X6. One photo was posted on Twitter by Lloyd, although there isn’t much to see so it is rather hard to confirm that it is a Supercharger. I was told he would pass by again later today and provide some updates.
27C846E9-0E14-4713-AD60-6F87B675EBD6.jpeg

Still a bit skeptical, since we haven't seen this-is-obviously-definitely-Tesla pictures...

Swift Current, SK

Along National Highways: TCH/SK-1
Along Provincial Highways (<=5mi): SK-4

TCH/SK-1:

To: Moose Jaw, SK (Construction) - 169.6 km
Diversion: 2.4 km
To: Regina, SK (Construction) - 244.2 km

To: Sudbury, ON - 2509 km

SK-4:

To: SK-224/SK-904 Meadow Lake, SK - 503.1 km
Diversion: 0.5 km

From: Billings, MT (I-90, US-87, MT-19, US-191) - 588.4 km

(US-191 turns into SK-4 at the border US-Canada border).

If this holds up, we likely now have all the SK locations for now.

Last edited:
This is not the case. there is no Transformer at Boston Pizza. The Potential location is at the mall behind. Until there is a Transformer I would not call this a Tesla anything. We just happened to see electrical work there. There is no filed paperwork.

This is not the case. there is no Transformer at Boston Pizza. The Potential location is at the mall behind. Until there is a Transformer I would not call this a Tesla anything. We just happened to see electrical work there. There is no filed paperwork.
Many supercharger sites get entirely built before the transformer is put in place. So not declaring it a Tesla anything until there is a transformer is a ridiculous standard.

Reactions: SammichLover
You can look at threads for several of the other sites - Sault Ste Marie and Davidson, for example, are already getting their Tesla cabinets - but not the pedestals. And of many others - Bassano, Portage, Prawda, Brandon, Deep River and SSM - look to see what the site prep with conduits and bases for Tesla equipment look like. Without a wider shot or more pictures, it's hard to match this up with any of those. It may be Hydro putting in the transformer in preparation for the site to be set up, but it's hard to tell what this is. (Does Saskatchewan use white cabinets? All the Hydro I see here is drab green.)

See Winnipeg's most recent pics, or Brandon thread, for what a Hydro transformer without Tesla bases prep looks like.

Still a bit skeptical, ...
The latest info from the Regina SK thread shows a link to a news story (here) that describes Petro Canada fast chargers at:
  • Regina
  • Whitewood
  • Moose Jaw
  • Swift Current
and Tesla chargers at
  • Maple Creek
  • Swift Current
  • Chaplin
  • Moose Jaw
  • Regina
  • Wolseley
  • Moosomin
  • Davidson "up on Highway 11"
This is just Saskatchewan.

I'll be ready to hit all the Tesla ones next May or so.

[Edit] This seems to put the Whitewood site in question. Is that one perhaps a Petro Canada CCS/Chademo site?
[Edit 2] No way, too many Tesla references. I predict Wolseley, Whitewood and Moosomin SK, and maybe Virden MB.

Last edited:
The tag in the Whitewood thread's photo of the transformer shows "Tesla"; the layout seems characteristic of the number of bases needed for a supercharger site from what we can see in the other photo. Whitewood is about 180km from Brandon (also site prepp'ed) and 170km from Regina - pretty much a perfect midpoint and about the right distance. I can see why they chose this midpoint over Moosomin which would be over 200km from Regina and necessitate an intermediate charger, perhaps.

I think my path will be: Winnipeg, Portage (I can skip this), brandon, Whitewood, Regina or Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Maple Creek, Medicine Hat (depending on weather), Bassano, and...ta-da!... Calgary.

I suppose the question is - in the future, will Tesla come back and fill in intermediate gaps to reduce the max gap from about 180km to less than that? Or will they rely on the fact that by then, enough other installations will be active that the supercharger network will be less critical? (Time to think about buying that Chademo adapter and hope they soon make a CCS one also).

The tag in the Whitewood thread's photo of the transformer shows "Tesla"; the layout seems characteristic of the number of bases needed for a supercharger site from what we can see in the other photo. Whitewood is about 180km from Brandon (also site prepp'ed) and 170km from Regina - pretty much a perfect midpoint and about the right distance. I can see why they chose this midpoint over Moosomin which would be over 200km from Regina and necessitate an intermediate charger, perhaps.

I think my path will be: Winnipeg, Portage (I can skip this), brandon, Whitewood, Regina or Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Maple Creek, Medicine Hat (depending on weather), Bassano, and...ta-da!... Calgary.

I suppose the question is - in the future, will Tesla come back and fill in intermediate gaps to reduce the max gap from about 180km to less than that? Or will they rely on the fact that by then, enough other installations will be active that the supercharger network will be less critical? (Time to think about buying that Chademo adapter and hope they soon make a CCS one also).
My opinion is that it'll all be about sales. A good sales level would allow for greater density.

It will also be about use. They’ve sold a lot in the Toronto area... if a lot of those start going cross country too...

We saw reports last year of big lines in The USA in some areas on long weekends. I wonder if Alberta has seen any wait times yet - not counting ICEing.

The latest info from the Regina SK thread shows a link to a news story (here) that describes Petro Canada fast chargers at:
  • Regina
  • Whitewood
  • Moose Jaw
  • Swift Current
and Tesla chargers at
  • Maple Creek
  • Swift Current
  • Chaplin
  • Moose Jaw
  • Regina
  • Wolseley
  • Moosomin
  • Davidson "up on Highway 11"
This is just Saskatchewan.

I'll be ready to hit all the Tesla ones next May or so.

[Edit] This seems to put the Whitewood site in question. Is that one perhaps a Petro Canada CCS/Chademo site?
[Edit 2] No way, too many Tesla references. I predict Wolseley, Whitewood and Moosomin SK, and maybe Virden MB.

It is certain that Whitewood Tesla Supercharger in under construction as shared in this forum. All the PetroCanada chargers are installed at the PetroCanada Gas station, not at the Local Coop location. Also, they only have two charging stations, at least for the ones in the prairies. Most importantly most of these sites have been visited by local Tesla owners and verified. Yes, Petro Canada is installing 2 charging stations in Whitewood, just like ones they did in Regina, Moose Jaw, Medicine Hat and the ones that is going to be installed in Swift current. As for Moosomin, the local administration has confirmed that Tesla has cancelled their plans to install Superchargers there.

Just to clarify - Plugshare only shows the Regina Petrocan charger live; the rest of Petrocan's sites are still listed as "coming soon". Are you saying they are confirmed under construction? (Sorry, what threads should I check?)

I was 4 of 4 in Red Deer this weekend.
I could definitely see that happening. Friday afternoon, end of June there wasn’t anyone there in the 12 min or so window I was charging but someone pulled up as I was leaving and I passed four more southbound Teslas by the time I reached Airport Trail in Calgary. One had a BC plate but the others were AB. Didn’t watch that closely to say how many were northbound, but I saw at least once. Saw quite a few around Calgary, too.

I never saw Crossiron full but of the three times I charged there once was 50%+1, once was just me (before 6AM), and once was three of us.

Last edited:
Just to clarify - Plugshare only shows the Regina Petrocan charger live; the rest of Petrocan's sites are still listed as "coming soon". Are you saying they are confirmed under construction? (Sorry, what threads should I check?)

Yes! Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat are very close to completion. I believe swift current was started this week. I believe it is the same crew who will be doing Whitewood too, possibly after Swift. I have included some screenshots of facebook post made on SEVA page and SaskEV page.
MH petrocan.PNG
MoosJaw PetroCan.closeup.PNG
MoosJaw PetroCan.PNG

Looks like they’re done.

PlugShare shows PetroCan asking for EVs to test the L3 plugs on Friday in Swift and Wed in Moose Jaw. If anyone can help ‘em out...

That’s here to Regina, now 1 or 2 between Regina and the Peg and I’m a happy camper...

Kev