Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Snoqualmie Pass, WA - Location Pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to @rayluis1988 for pointing this out in the Santa Monica, CA thread that for grey pin sites on the Tesla map that have a driving direction link, it points to the actual site where Tesla is planning (or already building) that particular Supercharger. The address for Snoqualmie Pass site which has moved to 2024 target opening is 601 WA 906 which is the Summit Inn and Summit Pancake House. I will look for permits and update here as they are found.

I noticed that too. This address was in Marcos December address dump I believe but maybe it just wasn’t going to work out.
Yeah. Which is sad because it would be a great location during the summer (decent amenities, good splitter). But I'd imagine keeping it clean and usable/operational during the winter would be challenging, with all the snow and ski-traffic that will park anywhere.

Yeah, the bigger issue with this location is just that it's at a really high altitude. On a drive last summer in my LR Y it only took 8% to get to the Cle Elum supercharger and 1% to get to the North Bend supercharger from that rest stop.

I agree that it would be a really convenient location with tons of amenities, but I worry it would confuse new EV owners that don't consider elevation and regen. If you see your battery dropping like crazy it's tempting to top off there and then lose the ability to regen down the mountain.

I worry it would confuse new EV owners that don't consider elevation and regen. If you see your battery dropping like crazy it's tempting to top off there and then lose the ability to regen down the mountain.
Only if you charge to a super-high state of charge, and ... uh ... that takes a LONG TIME.

Edit: I guess someone who leaves it charging while going skiing or hiking or something else silly/stupid could hit this.... but I can't imagine that that's common. Does anyone have stats on "percentage of full charges at superchargers not near urban centers and on major highways"?