Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salt Lake City, UT - S 300 W

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Thanks to @Fiver for pointing this out to me.

A new 4 stall urban Supercharger just opened at the SLC Service Center at 1038 S 300 W. Superchargers will be publicly available and appear on the map. 72kW

Original post here: Supercharger - Salt Lake City, UT. Both photos taken from Twitter

FCF2AB3F-016E-4000-AC45-E71AA6F9ECF4.jpeg
609D7A39-7C7A-4A50-9C10-785409CE6D43.jpeg

Always happy for more supercharging, but 72kW temp urban style ones at this location aren't very helpful. Guessing it was just low hanging fruit since they own/lease the location already for the service center so installation could be done easily.

Although I remember the service people telling me years ago that getting a service upgrade from Rocky Mountain Power just to add the 5 destination chargers by the front door took almost 9 months from when they opened.

SLC needs a V3 Upgrade. Or, ideally, they need to get the Provo/Ogden/PC locations built. That will help a lot.

Do they charge the same rates for urban chargers?

Also, 72kW is a lot more than 0kW. Beggars can't be choosers.

If you really want to beg for something, how about a CCS adapter? There are already two Electrify America locations in that area with 350kW chargers.

Reactions: KJD
Not that I heard anyone grumbling about poor service but these 4 chargers got a big tuneup today from Tesla Energy. I was dropping my X off for some minor work and the energy truck was parked by the chargers with several guys working on the cabinets. Both units got a coolant flush and other misc work. I had to charge before I went home and got a solid 72kW up to taper while someone else charged next to me also at 72kW.
Again I don’t know if they were problematic before, but they are working solid now.