Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ritzville, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering. I think Pricee2 was the one who discovered the permit for this Ritzville SC then we followed thru the construction on this forum. I don't remember TESLA making any comment until the site was live. Do you think they are just letting us play Sherlock Holmes to find the permitted sites rather than spoon feeding them to us? Maybe some of the sites along I90 in MT & WY just haven't been discovered by owners yet due to the low population density??

Maybe some of the sites along I90 in MT & WY just haven't been discovered by owners yet due to the low population density??

I am sure going to keep my eyes peeled as I pass though all of that region this week, but without any intelligence, it is going to be tough to spot anything on the fly.

I have also tried to search for permits in Coeur D'Alene at both the state and city levels with no success.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pics! Looks like the new model of the charging stalls with the LED lights.

Yes, and looks like they matched the big equipment enclosure to the hotel architecture. We will probably see more and more of that.

I took a little run last weekend thru Ellensburg to Ritzville and back. I also was impressed in the Ritzville big charger enclosure which matched the design of the hosting facility. Really heavy duty hardware on the enclosure. There were some signs on the charging spaces that I had never seen before. 4 charging/parking spaces. Two of them had the usual TESLA signs but the other two on the left side had these -
TeslaSignRitzville.png
signs which said "30 minute general parking". :confused: I hadn't seen that sign in SC locations before. But nice trip and all SC's worked perfectly. No ICED charging spaces. I had been to Ellensburg SC previously but hadn't noticed that the same parking lot also had a single Clipper Creek J1772 (40amp breaker/30 amp output) directly opposite the SC's. Now if they will just fill out the I90 route from Ritzville to Rapid City I'll use it. :biggrin:

Stopped at the Silver Dollar Bar in Haugan, MT on my way to Lincoln, MT. Could only find one 14-50 outlet (last one at east end of camp area) it looked to be in pretty sad shape, could not test it as I was in my ICE. I would not rely on it for a charge. Maybe someone will have a chance to try it and post the results.

Stopped at the Ritzville SC on my return trip. Also noticed the signage but no slots were ICEd. No Tesla's either. The pedestals did not appear, to me, to be the lighted ones. Ate at the Taco Del Mar, food OK, noise system (muse-ick) sucked, probably won't eat there again.

Now waiting for the Coeur d'Alene SC so I can make a trip to Kalispell, MT this summer.

In August we were traveling to Portland, OR from Montana in My ICE car :( and we decided that Ritzville would work good for us to stay overnight and then could see our first Supercharger. I noticed all the SC were unused but one space was iced. Then all of a sudden 3 Tesla Model S's showed up and in a few minutes the Ritzville Hotel Manager came out and moved his ICE car, it was he that was using one of the spots. The good thing is he was paying attention and came out ASAP to move his car, just in case another Tesla showed up. He did tell me that 3 is the max he's had so far, at one time.

Been there personally and sorry to say that this post seems to be too politically correct just inspire a **** storm or some kind of reaction or another. While I do see the gas container I dough much of it was used as a fire accelerant. I supposed he could have used biodiesel or ethanol from food producing farmland.

However I am very happy to see that this site has been upgraded from the metal super charger stands to the sleek modern ones. That from other locations I have seen that are well lit at night with cherry red Tesla glow like your personal ride is during the daylight... The last time I was there I encountered the hard sheet metal stands.

You should be glad that that who ever it is; has gathered up the sage brush and dried grass and is burning it in the dead of winter so that come summer it is not fuel for a wildfire to take out the entire charging infrastructure thus breaking a critical link in the supercharger chain on I-90....

Flame on or flame off or off to the races?

I am thinking of driving from Ritzville to The Dalles in a 85. Is it doable without heart attack range anxiety?

I've gone from The Dalles to Ritizville twice. Those times were in mid-April '14 and mid-March '15. I did keep within the speed limit and had no problem. The weather now is warmer, and The Dalles is at a lower elevation than Ritzville. It should be a piece of cake. Especially with firmware 6.2.

I've gone from The Dalles to Ritizville twice. Those times were in mid-April '14 and mid-March '15. I did keep within the speed limit and had no problem. The weather now is warmer, and The Dalles is at a lower elevation than Ritzville. It should be a piece of cake. Especially with firmware 6.2.

My he only thing I would recommend is he day of check the weather as it can be WINDY on I90 by ritzville. Last summer on the way from Seattle I didn't even have to stop in ellensburg from Issaquah on the way back i barely made it from Spokane to ritzville and then ritzville to ellensburg. Left both win a max and arrived in ritzville with about 25 rated miles and pulled into ellensburg with 17 rated miles.

My he only thing I would recommend is he day of check the weather as it can be WINDY on I90 by ritzville. Last summer on the way from Seattle I didn't even have to stop in ellensburg from Issaquah on the way back i barely made it from Spokane to ritzville and then ritzville to ellensburg. Left both win a max and arrived in ritzville with about 25 rated miles and pulled into ellensburg with 17 rated miles.

Was wondering if just charging enough (plus buffer) may be quicker than charging full and skipping SC's in this case.

What size battery do you have Alysa, 85? How fast were you driving and how many people in the car? I am considering this trip in the near future. Were you in range mode?