Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orangeville Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DMC-Orangeville

Audi eTron & John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
We got a lead about a new Supercharger in Ontario, and ran a contest with the Ontario owner's club. I ran out and got some pictures......below. Contest winner will be announced today.

The Supercharger is in the right part of the parking lot in the Riocan Fairgrounds Super Centre. Not likely to be ICED, and close to the restaurants.

Address:
Riocan Fairgrounds
95 First St.
Orangeville ON
L9W 5E8

300 meters (1000 ft) from Highway 10, 1.5 KM from Highway 9 (1 mile)

Latitude: 43.55
Longitude: -80.098

Within a 2-5 minute walk - lots of Restaurants:
Harvey's
Swiss Chalet
South 88 (Thai)
Forage * Really good food
The French Press *Really good coffee
Tim Horton's
Aunty Joy's Spring Rolls
Sweet Chili (Pho)
Topper's Pizza
Subway
The Hatter (Pub grub)
Osmows (Falafel)
Popeye's
Halibut House
J B Panda (Chinese)

Also
Vito's Barber Shop ( Old style barber - no appointment)
Island Lake trails (10 minutes away)
Booklore - book shop
Best Buy
Leon's
Canadian Tire
Walmart

upload_2020-12-8_10-8-42.png

upload_2020-12-8_10-9-24.png

upload_2020-12-8_10-11-11.png

upload_2020-12-8_10-12-10.png

I popped by the site this afternoon.
They have trenched back to an underground feed, and were working on the new transformer vault.
No equipment on site, yet.
While I was there, the Tesla SC team showed up. I chatted with them a bit.
- I asked if it was an 8 or 12 stall. They smiled and told me to keep checking back.....
- They were surprised that I beat @MarcoRP in finding the site. They said they know you well.....;)

Confirmed 8 stalls. Construction crew was placing the forms and running pipe this morning. No pics, as the crew was all over the site....and I don't want to put them in the picture. Back in a few days to see if any more updates. Still no equipment on site.
Interesting choice for only 8 stalls. I wonder if that’s all they could secure permits for or was the max power they could get for that site.

Interesting choice for only 8 stalls. I wonder if that’s all they could secure permits for or was the max power they could get for that site.
Although this is a fairly major junction of Highways 9,10, and "old" 124, the traffic isn't at the same level as Kingston, which is undersized at 8, or Belleville. There is no issue for power, but I believe that "8 is enough". The main traffic will be to Collingwood/Wasaga Beach, Owen Sound, Goderich/Lake Huron beaches, and Newmarket, from Toronto/Peel, and back. Most of those destinations have/will have Superchargers.

Right, I'm in Collingwood and just checked and saw the boxed up charger stalls. Seems clear that there's a factory bottleneck for Superchargers units which may last for several months. Anyone have info on that?

Praying they dont just build everything up to the panel and then box up until next year Summer :(

Currently both Collingwood and Bancroft are boxed up :(:(:(:(

Right, I'm in Collingwood and just checked and saw the boxed up charger stalls. Seems clear that there's a factory bottleneck for Superchargers units which may last for several months. Anyone have info on that?

Yup same with bancroft but on a positive note, chargers on the west are getting the panels and also kingston got two extra panels installed a week ago .. so it seems they have some stock !

Going to have to go by and see this, I drive through there constantly but i've never watched out for it -- my Model Y shows up next week, glad to see some locals on here.

Looking forward to using it just for fun
Welcome to the Tesla community!. Lots of Tesla owners now in Headwaters. When I got mine in 2015, there was one other Tesla in Dufferin. The Mayor flagged me down one day to have a look at the car..... Now there's probably 50-100. I'll probably arrange a "Coffee Day" just after opening...invite local radio/press and local owners to pop by.