Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More photos from today. Looks like we are just waiting on the utility company at this point.

image1a.jpg
image2a.jpg
image2a2.jpg
image3a.jpg
image4a.jpg
image5a.jpg

More photos from today. Looks like we are just waiting on the utility company at this point.

View attachment 59561

Thanks for the update with pictures.

Looks like the transformer will go on the right side of this picture, behind the green posts, where the Tesla crate is, in this picture. Do you think that some concrete needs to be poured for a pad before the transformer can be installed?

I've been gone from the area for a couple of weeks and really appreciate the great job BrianS has done reporting on progress. I stopped by today and may have been the first Tesla to charge (not);-)

IMG_1293s.jpg

The reason I couldn't charge is of course because the site, while essentially complete, has no power. As was noted previously, the transformer will go where the wooden box is located after the input power conduit has been routed to the area that will be covered by the slab. The wooden box is to protect the very little bit of exposed copper wire from thieves until the transformer is installed. I believe the power conduit will be routed along the green fence line, then under the street to the Service box where the red arrow points. Note the fence around the equipment. It is not just wooden planks, but composite material which I understand was a requirement of the property owner. It really looks very nice.

IMG_1295s.jpg

There is hope that power may soon be available. The slab that covers the electric service has been marked with red paint and the path of the conduit is now marked with paint on the pavement and flags on the grass to indicate the path of current wiring. Marking the existing service always takes place before digging for a new underground service. None of the markings were present on my last visit. I'm sure BrianS and myself will be checking often for signs of power installation, but my best guess would be that the SC won't be in service until the end of October. Hope I'm wrong.

IMG_1299s.jpg

This is depressing, as I'm headed down next Friday for Disney World. Going through Ocala would shave off an hour from our travel time. It's still quite doable through Port Orange and St. Augustine, just longer.

But hey, this will give me reason to head back to Disney some other time once Ocala is online :)

This is depressing, as I'm headed down next Friday for Disney World. Going through Ocala would shave off an hour from our travel time. It's still quite doable through Port Orange and St. Augustine, just longer.

But hey, this will give me reason to head back to Disney some other time once Ocala is online :)

Does Disney have a place to plug in at? I'm there every other weekend but unfortunately don't have a Tesla.... yet!

Still no movement as of this morning. Ocala Utilities isn't in any hurry to get the project completed.

On a brighter note: It's been fun watching other vehicles (Ford Fusion Hybrid & Nissan Leaf) trying to figure out how to plug into the Superchargers. :biggrin:

It looks, to me, that you could make it without the Ocala Supercharger-- as long as you can charge in Orlando overnight.

Might you consider some safe and effective extension cord charging strategies/solutions at your "sparse" destination(s)?

btw, LOVE the avatar!
If Ocala isn't online by early November, I'll probably start making phone calls for "some safe and effective extension cord charging". :) I'm hoping our hotel will accommodate us.

- - - Updated - - -

And there are two residential J1772's in dire straits... btw, thanks on the avatar :)