Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress continues. As of this afternoon, all the Tesla equipment appears to be on site. No sign of a power transformer or any primary feed yet.

As there is limited close in restaurant parking, I predict this site will have serious icing issues during busy meal times.

Attachments

• IMG_1873s.jpg
    IMG_1873s.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_1874s.jpg
    IMG_1874s.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_1880s.jpg
    IMG_1880s.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 711
The crew was setting the first charging pedestal today. The pads for the switches and rectifiers are separated as illustrated by the red arrows in the picture. There's even a tree growing between them. I've not seen any other SC's where all the equipment was not installed on a single pad. There is no sign of a transformer yet. The yellow arrow points to PVC for wiring that may eventually be for the transformer. I'm sure those who are more familiar with the SC power systems may have some comments as to why things are set up in this unusual manor.

The link below is to a 360 degree pano of the area in case you're interested in seeing what's nearby. Use the buttons at the bottom to go full screen and your cursor to drag in any direction. Works sort of like Street View.

http://tinyurl.com/k7ardq3

G0031719b.jpg

G0031719a.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhhh Haaaaaa! .... two parking spots to the left of the trucks..... lower left hand corner! I wish I had a quad-copter and a GoPro!! Great photos!! I wish every SC site had such a good view of what is going on and a view of the surrounding area!!! Thanks for the photos and the 360 degree views. Awesome! ......just an awesome overview of this site!

Hi Tyl - Glad you liked the 360 pano.
Thanks for the photos and the 360 degree views. Awesome! ......just an awesome overview of this site!

The crew worked all weekend and accomplished a lot. All charging pedestals are now in place and the pads for the equipment have been poured. The reason for two pads is the property manager would not allow the tree between the pads to be removed and there is insufficient room on either side of the tree for a single pad. The crew had to excavate around the tree root system to run the conduit. Quite a bit more fencing around the equipment will be needed because of the separate pads.

The transformer will eventually be located where the yellow arrow points in the previously posted picture, but the pad has not yet been poured. The power will probably be run from a primary loop that is located across the street. (For orientation, if you follow the green fence in the 360 pano away from the highway to the street, the underground concrete electrical box is located at the yellow arrow in the attached photo.) The site will probably be finished next week, but likely won't be powered until sometime in October. The power connection seems to be the delay in several SC sites.

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 798
The link below is to a 360 degree pano of the area in case you're interested in seeing what's nearby. Use the buttons at the bottom to go full screen and your cursor to drag in any direction. Works sort of like Street View.

http://tinyurl.com/k7ardq3

OK ! That was ridiculously cool Keith! Can't wait to see it in person in 3 weeks.

Thanks for all the updates.

still kinda confused about the "hole" in JAX though.......:confused:

Here's an update as of today. I'm not in the Tesla "club" yet but hope to be with the Model 3.

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the photo.

As Cottonwood stated you're already a member of the TMC club. As far as our Florida Tesla club goes we would love to have you as a member even if your Tesla ownership is a few years away. Please click on the link in my signature to be taken to our sign-up page and to learn a little about our club. You'll notice that owning a Tesla is not a prerequisite to joining.

Regards,

Larry

Larry,

I was wondering if the FTE president and board would consider making Cottonwood an honorary member in light of his tremendous contribution to the TMC. Heck, he might even fly into Ocala on the "Super" opening day to accept his official membership shirt. :biggrin:

hoofhrtd1254,

Many of us current S owners are CRAAZY excited about adding a Model ☰ to our garages.

Last edited:
There is currently no transformer in place where KeithM says it may be located. There is also no pad in place at this time. The electric company will be the holdup - which seems to be pretty typical. With that said, I'd say a good portion of the wiring is done given the look of the site.