Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Caney, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Tesla's Supercharger Find Us page, it indicates they are putting a Supercharger in New Caney. Don't see a permit for it yet. Should help with trips up I69/59 North of Houston. Love for them to put on in Livingston as well at some point.

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 9.04.52 PM.png

Filing for Superchargers at the Valley Ranch Town Center located 11985 N, TX-99, New Caney, TX 77357. Address on permit is 2218 Markey Place Dr, New Caney, TX 77357 which doesn't exist but google maps places it in a field where Mister Car Wash is.

TDLR TABS - Project Details

Nice! I was just poking around TDLR yesterday and didn't see it. The location makes sense, more so than the original rough estimate from Tesla. Will make the trip up east TX more flexible for folks.

Per Houston Chronicle, Katherine Feser article today:

"Shopping and errands at Valley Ranch Town Center will soon come with an added bonus for Tesla drivers looking to quickly charge their electric vehicles.

The Signorelli Co. announced plans to bring 16 Tesla Supercharging stations to the Valley Ranch master-planned community, about 28 miles northeast of downtown Houston.

Valley Ranch Town Center, at U.S. 59 and the Grand Parkway in New Caney, has more than 1.5 million square feet of shops and restaurants, including a Cinemark movie theater, Target, Kroger and Academy Sports and Outdoors. It's part of a 1,400-acre community with more than 2,000 single- and multi-family homes.

The facility joins Tesla's growing network of more than 40,000 Supercharging stations. A 15-minute charge provides a range of up to 200 miles, according to Tesla.

The new stations will fill a void along U.S. 59 for Tesla, which has Supercharging stations in shopping centers near The Woodlands at Metropark Square, at Portofina Plaza in Shenandoah and at The Market at Springwoods Village in Spring, according to Tesla's website. The closest stations are about 20 miles away along Interstate 45.

“We are excited for Tesla to join the growing list of retailers in Valley Ranch. With over seven million visitors last year, we keep looking for ways to add more value and convenience to the community for those who live and work here,” Ralph Ireland, senior vice president of Commercial and Residential at the Signorelli Co. said in an announcement. “Providing easy access to a Tesla supercharging station within the shopping district will be a time saver for electric vehicle drivers.”

Installation is tentatively expected to begin in May for a July opening, according to Signorelli. The stations will be at Market Place Drive and Cascading Oaks Drive behind Chick-fil-A, near Kroger. "

If this charging location is going to be located, as mentioned in post #6, getting power to the site is going to be a royal PITA as there are no overheads in sight. Closest power looks to be out by US59/I-69. They could do a daisy chain off one of the existing transformers closed to charger location.

No telling what infrastructure is underground. I thought the same at a local (to me) supercharger that was installed a year or so ago. They just trenched from a manhole cover from the transformer, put in conduit, covered with concrete & asphalt. Then pulled the wiring.

Reactions: STDRDC13
I note that the 'four bangers' have, what appears, as a 'buffer stall' between them. If there are three such gaps, I suspect that the 'gaps' will be marked for Rivian, Ford F-150 and other EVs that preferentially align to the left of the charger in order to connect.

In other words, those spots allow the non-Teslas to not occupy two Supercharger ports by parking within a group of chargers. Expect to see the magic dock on these chargers.

1695098080722.jpeg