Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meridian, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chargers are online!
IMG_20161007_183823.jpg
IMG_20161007_184814.jpg

Earlier in this thread someone asked how to bring up the list of superchargers in the current version of the software. When your Tesla is in park or when you tap on the map, a row of icons will appear at the top and a column on the right side. On the side column there will be a lightning bolt icon. Tap on it, and a list of superchargers will appear in the location that the navigation icon usually appears: near, but not at, the upper left hand corner of the map. As before, they appear ordered according to how close they are to your current location.

Unfortunately it now only lists a small number of Superchargers and only the closest ones. If you have just charged and want to navigate to the next charger which is over a hundred miles away there is a good chance it will not be listed. I had that in the last few days. Try to navigate from Darien, CT to East Providence, RI (123 miles away) - East Providence doesn't appear on the list, but Milford, CT (29 miles away) does. This is beyond stupid! Doing a search for East Providence Supercharger also does not work. You have to look up the address on your iPhone and then enter it. Same thing trying to go from Boston to Lee, MA.

Unfortunately it now only lists a small number of Superchargers and only the closest ones. If you have just charged and want to navigate to the next charger which is over a hundred miles away there is a good chance it will not be listed. I had that in the last few days. Try to navigate from Darien, CT to East Providence, RI (123 miles away) - East Providence doesn't appear on the list, but Milford, CT (29 miles away) does. This is beyond stupid! Doing a search for East Providence Supercharger also does not work. You have to look up the address on your iPhone and then enter it. Same thing trying to go from Boston to Lee, MA.

Just scale and scroll the map and select the "pin" that represents the supercharger you are interested in and it will pop up with the details:

IMG_0230.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 67
Just scale and scroll the map and select the "pin" that represents the supercharger you are interested in and it will pop up with the details:

View attachment 198031
We shouldn't have to go through those extra steps which are non-intuitive anyway. The previous way of listing all superchargers on the charging tab of navigation was much easier. The car thinks it can predict what I want to see-- but it can't. This is another example of adding steps to what used to be simple procedures. Want to zoom the map in or out? Previously one tap, now two taps. Want to see your signal strength or display the energy app while driving? Previously one tap, now two taps.

We shouldn't have to go through those extra steps which are non-intuitive anyway. The previous way of listing all superchargers on the charging tab of navigation was much easier. The car thinks it can predict what I want to see-- but it can't. This is another example of adding steps to what used to be simple procedures. Want to zoom the map in or out? Previously one tap, now two taps. Want to see your signal strength or display the energy app while driving? Previously one tap, now two taps.

Zooming the map is alternately done by pinching in or out.

I gather that you and many more are unhappy with the UI update. I'm trying to offer useful input as to how to work with the new UI rather than just complain that it doesn't work the way it used to - those posts are getting repetitive.

After visiting a few more superchargers, I'd like to point out that the Meridian supercharger is convenient to access from I-20. I recently travelled from Meridian (I live here) to Atlanta via Auburn, Al (220 mile stretch) and found both Auburn and Atlanta a bit inconvenient. The Auburn, AL station was 10 minutes from the interstate, adding 20 minutes to the drive on top of the charge time. The Atlanta supercharger was in the middle of the city with very heavy traffic. I've also used the Defuniak Springs, Mobile, and Pearl superchargers. Of these chargers, Meridian is the most convenient to access (Pearl would be next). This isn't to complain about the other chargers. Rather, it's to provide references for those considering a stop here.

Looking at this site thru Google street view. A few of the pictures makes it look like this mall is closed, or essentially dead. How is it there nowadays?
Was there about a month ago traversing Atlanta to Dallas via I20.
The mall is open, but on not much going on inside.
The Hilton (Tru) is a nice backup, I've stayed there a few times.

Reactions: CSFTN