Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this Meijer in Maumee, OH, today to pick up a couple items while in the area.
While heading to the V2 superchargers in the parking lot to plug in, I saw 4 Toledo Edison trucks all waiting by 6 newly installed charging spots.
These 6 new spots/stanchions were closer to the Meijer store, on the same aisle as the old V2 chargers.
I looked into the brown fenced pad and saw tall white boxes of the Tesla style. It was hard to see in through the cracks in the fence.
The 6 new stanchions were completely covered/hidden, but had a move square shape than expected. (V4 ?). I could not spot the word Tesla on anything.
Also of note is that one of the 6 new spots was an isolated drive through spot (semi?, trailer?). The isolated pull through has a Toledo Edison truck in the pictures, making it hard to spot the stanchion.
Below are two pictures from this morning, taken from different angles. The V2 chargers are down the aisle to the left edge of second picture.

PXL_20231102_125859694.jpg
PXL_20231102_125801814.jpg

When I was through there last time ( a month or so ago) the contractors told me they were installing Rivian chargers. Probably more likely that Rivian was installing DC Fast chargers as part of their business plan but available for all to use. Drive through for pick em ups with trailers. I took them at their word as there is nothing to indicate they are Tesla units.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SilverMonk
Maumee is listed as a future site in the Rivian Adventure Network map. (Charging - Rivian)
Rivian likely picked Maumee for the same reasons that Tesla did years ago: It is located at the intersection of a major East-West route (I-80/90) and a major North-South route (I-75 (I-475 in this case)).
1699058808509.png