Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marlton, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this regularly and fully working? It isn't on the Tesla map at all on the website. I haven't checked in the car

upload_2019-5-23_8-49-42.png

Is this regularly and fully working? It isn't on the Tesla map at all on the website. I haven't checked in the car
Its in the car.

I've been here twice now and have come to the conclusion that this site was really chosen for marketing, not for enabling travel or allowing long distance travel. Every time I've been there its been half full, always with Ss. I assume they are all taking advantage of the unlimited supercharging. I think the marketing works both ways, with the Promenade benefiting not just from Tesla drivers shopping while charging, but also by raising the image of the shopping center. Tesla benefits from the free advertising. This explains why the chargers are in a fairly prominent location at the site. It also explains why its in a terrible location for travel. I'd be very curious to see who paid for the site and who is paying for the power here.

While I don't think its a bad idea to have superchargers as marketing, I just hope that this location doesn't preclude other locations nearby that would be really beneficial for travel. Somewhere like 295/73/38 would be great, plus more locations on the NJTPK are really needed.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark and madodel
Its in the car.

I've been here twice now and have come to the conclusion that this site was really chosen for marketing, not for enabling travel or allowing long distance travel. Every time I've been there its been half full, always with Ss. I assume they are all taking advantage of the unlimited supercharging. I think the marketing works both ways, with the Promenade benefiting not just from Tesla drivers shopping while charging, but also by raising the image of the shopping center. Tesla benefits from the free advertising. This explains why the chargers are in a fairly prominent location at the site. It also explains why its in a terrible location for travel. I'd be very curious to see who paid for the site and who is paying for the power here.

While I don't think its a bad idea to have superchargers as marketing, I just hope that this location doesn't preclude other locations nearby that would be really beneficial for travel. Somewhere like 295/73/38 would be great, plus more locations on the NJTPK are really needed.

Deptford would be another good choice which says “coming in 2019”.

Access to/from 42(ACE)/130/30/168/676/76 and 295. But guess what.... they choose Paulsboro. Lot of construction going around there for improvements that are 15 years too late. But hey it’s NJ !

Hey folks, for any of you who are in the area, and would be interested in chatting with fellow owners and/or joining the Deleware Valley Tesla Owners club (soon to be official) we are meeting here at 12:30pm TODAY, June 23rd and will then be picking one of the many restaurants nearby to grab some lunch and talk about the formation of the club as an official club.

Hope to see some of you there!

-Ryan

PS This explains why I couldn't find this listed in google maps, OR on the Tesla website. I'll be adding it to google maps when I visit today.

D0B1E0D1-C04F-4CE2-A214-51B3A54DAC72.jpeg

Half the stalls still have the signs: “PARKING OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES” (no time limit) and this vehicle looked to be here for a long duration with sunshades in windshield. Meanwhile this Supercharger was filling up fast this afternoon. Tesla drivers are being warned of idle fees. This is the only Supercharger where I’ve seen this particular sign. I do not fault the vehicle owner.

View attachment 427349

Half the stalls still have the signs: “PARKING OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES” (no time limit) and this vehicle looked to be here for a long duration with sunshades in windshield. Meanwhile this Supercharger was filling up fast this afternoon. Tesla drivers are being warned of idle fees. This is the only Supercharger where I’ve seen this particular sign. I do not fault the vehicle owner.
As a Tesla driver seeing this is a bummer, but at the same time, the sign says what the sign says so what can you do?

Reactions: mociaf9
View attachment 427349

It seems these spots tend to be used by employees in the mall. I saw that Suzuki owner pull in one day wearing a shirt from one of the stores. Perhaps this was where employees were told to park prior to the super chargers and, considering they are open to all, they continue to use them. It seems like it might be a good idea to politely question why they park there. Perhaps there is an easy compromise to this situation.

Hmm, I was there Sunday morning. Every spot was available aside from two other Teslas that were charging aside from mine. That Suzuki must have arrive after 11:00 AM or so when I left (and we were at all-but-one spots available [a model X was still charging] )

Maybe lots of people returning from the shore caused some congestion later in the day?

Anyway, they seem to be building that other location on route 73 very quickly...

Plugged in two different SuC at Marlton. 3 other cars here. I’m getting 28kW 96 mi/hr. Car is ‘15 70D. Had 145 miles out of 240 max. 10 minutes car added 15 miles. Kinda disappointing. Car has been driven 150 miles so it should be warm. Outside temp 64 degrees

I have been to every SC along the East Cost between Long Island and New Orleans. My plan is to charge enough to make it to the next SC with 20 or 30 miles left in the battery. I also plan on 45 to 60 minutes per charge. The most problematic SU has been Egg Harbor you always have one or two chargers down, and I mean down weeks. What we all counted on was the dependability of the Tesla SC's,
Only once about three years ago did I have to wait or a charge ( Newark, DE ) when they had 4 stations right by the door. Now, with all the M3's on the road the SC's are totally full or total empty, so traveling down I95 gets to be interesting.

Now, I bypass Newark and make Aberdeen my first stop.

Waiting for Tesla to allow us to upgrade so that we can get 300 miles per charge. Not holding my breath, they want us to purchase a new Model S not upgrade it.