Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lompoc, CA - Constellation Road (LIVE 23 Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has applied for permits to build 12 charging stalls at 3734 Constellation Road. This is in the Vandenberg Village area, just outside of Lompoc city limits.

Nice location right off Highway 1 - shopping center has a number of food/coffee options, and a newly renovated hotel/restaurant/lounge is in the works immediately across the street.

Attachments

• 64028E90-A6E1-4C0C-B894-62B2C58E1272.jpeg
    64028E90-A6E1-4C0C-B894-62B2C58E1272.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
That’s my assumption. I wonder if they had issues getting power to the previous downtown site. Previous Central Avenue location was City of Lompoc electric, this new one is PG&E.
Nice find!

Downtown? I wouldn’t consider the Foods Co parking lot at the north end of town as being downtown. Or is there another proposed site you are referencing? I’d peg downtown as the H and Ocean area. And there shouldn’t have been any issue getting power there vs out at Vandenberg Village.

Wonder if we will see a grey pin return the the Find Us map when it is updated post Q1.

Reactions: michael805
Nice find!

Downtown? I wouldn’t consider the Foods Co parking lot at the north end of town as being downtown. Or is there another proposed site you are referencing? I’d peg downtown as the H and Ocean area. And there shouldn’t have been any issue getting power there vs out at Vandenberg Village.

Wonder if we will see a grey pin return the the Find Us map when it is updated post Q1.

Agreed with you on the downtown area, meant to imply within city limits - was referring to the FoodsCo location

Reactions: gene and Mrbrock
Yes, poured in place vs precast. Or at least poured around the precast.
I think those are just the newer, rectangular and presumably V4-compatible precast bases, which we've seen for some recent V3 installations. If they were poured onsite, I would expect at least some indication of where the casts were they had been poured into. I do see concrete was poured for the bollards, but it looks quite a bit coarser.

I think those are just the newer, rectangular and presumably V4-compatible precast bases, which we've seen for some recent V3 installations. If they were poured onsite, I would expect at least some indication of where the casts were they had been poured into. I do see concrete was poured for the bollards, but it looks quite a bit coarser.
Those seem about a foot longer than necessary for either V4 or V3. But I guess the new universal ones have room for a sign post to be attached to them. But it looks like they are using separate bollards so no need for the extra room. I think that is why my initial reaction was cast in place because why use the precast with room for a bollard mounted on it then ad additional bollards?