Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lisbon, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bump Any updates or any number to call to give the town a poke?
Since the building permit was already supposed to have been issued, the ball should be firmly in Tesla's court. The town wouldn't have any further impact on whether/when it gets built. So, there's no one to poke unless you know someone on Tesla's supercharger development teams.

Reactions: ima747
Let me put this here. I'll start a new thread specifically for this:

Attn: Ct Tesla Owners please go to this address and sign the online petition to the State Legislature.
Sign your name to bring Tesla to CT
Given RI now has a Tesla Store, the motivation to have one in CT, specifically eastern CT is diminished. My guess is the biggest bang for the buck would be SW CT but since they do, or at one time said, they were pure online sales, what's the point of a store anyway.

Construction started today! The crew said they'd be done by end of year. I plan to post regular updates on progress.

This location has very easy access on/off I-395 N and S. Nearby Panera, Ruby Tuesday, and new pizza place are very easy walks. Chili's is across the street and less convenient but still doable.

Precise location here.

20200919_113802.jpg

Attachments

• 20200919_113802.jpg
    20200919_113802.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 137
They're making really good progress at this site. Pedestals for the charging posts are installed, metering/control cabinets are on site, pads are poured, and interconnecting conduits are installed. The most difficult portion of the 600ft conduit run to the feed transformer (including across the roadways and parking lots) is finished, too.

Note that this will definitely be an 8 stall station (vs 12 stall per supercharge.info). Also, it looks like they will be installing a new streetlight for the area.
20201009_075826.jpg

They're making really good progress at this site. Pedestals for the charging posts are installed, metering/control cabinets are on site, pads are poured, and interconnecting conduits are installed. The most difficult portion of the 600ft conduit run to the feed transformer (including across the roadways and parking lots) is finished, too.

Note that this will definitely be an 8 stall station (vs 12 stall per supercharge.info). Also, it looks like they will be installing a new streetlight for the area.
View attachment 597128
Having seen the site, I agree with all that @MCLOVIN has stated above, with no noticeable progress since his excellent status report, other than some cosmetic walls to hide the future metering/control cabinets.

The transformer is landed on its pad and the feeder cable is connected at utility pole with new fusing. There is a lock on the cosmetic enclosure doors now (so the metering/control cabinets inside might be allowed to be energized, though not necessarily). The charging posts are being installed now. It is definitely a V3 station (thinner cables, no silver ring around connector handle), but I can't yet confirm the power capacity.