Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laval, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But there are no "no parking" in front of gas pumps. You never see someone abusing those spaces, it is common sense...

Exactly my point. Thanks for being more specific. “Common Sense”. Until the day that EV charging spots are regarded the same way that gas station spots are regarded, education via larger and more meaningful signs in well lit parking spots are required. I have visited approx 50 Superchargers and many spots are not adequately marked. The proof is that people say. “Sorry, I did not know that, Thanks for letting me know”. People look for the familiar No Parking signs while parking, not the Red Tesla signs. You want to see inadequate signage: visit the new Ottawa Urban Supercharger at Rideau Centre. I rest may case.

Definitely been ICEd many times at multiple Level II stations. It’s more an issue than there might be for Superchargers simply because there are often only 1 or 2 spots for L2 stations. I’ve had just one “close call” at a Supercharger.

But there are no "no parking" in front of gas pumps. You never see someone abusing those spaces, it is common sense...

Young children of EV-only households may never see a gas pump up close and may not be able to determine how they are used, (without seeing a demonstration) or the etiquette. Saying it's "common sense" is like declaring anyone can figure out how to work an iPad, where the truth is that someone 80 years old didn't grow up with it, and may have no way to understand it.

For all of these folks say that ICE'ing isn't a concern - did you see the photo in the Ottawa thread where all of the spots have been ICEd? Maybe signs will make a difference, but maybe not. I definitely think this will be an issue at shopping malls where parking can be 100% full during periods.

For all of these folks say that ICE'ing isn't a concern - did you see the photo in the Ottawa thread where all of the spots have been ICEd? Maybe signs will make a difference, but maybe not. I definitely think this will be an issue at shopping malls where parking can be 100% full during periods.

YES! and to further my point: If anyone says regarding the Ottawa Urban SC site, "Well that's because there are NO signs" I would say that to an ICE driver "no sign" is as good as a "misunderstood or an unnoticed sign".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 3.08.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 3.08.07 PM.png
    442 KB · Views: 105
Young children of EV-only households may never see a gas pump up close and may not be able to determine how they are used, (without seeing a demonstration) or the etiquette. Saying it's "common sense" is like declaring anyone can figure out how to work an iPad, where the truth is that someone 80 years old didn't grow up with it, and may have no way to understand it.
Exactly.

That was very American of you!!! LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I have charged at Kingston, ON too, but only one time I think.

People were complaining about Kingston, NY being iced when it first opened - it's at a busy Italian restaurant with a fairly small parking area. The cones in front of the SpC spaces seemed to solve that problem, and I think ICE customers accepted that those were charging spaces.

I have charged at Kingston, ON too, but only one time I think.

People were complaining about Kingston, NY being iced when it first opened - it's at a busy Italian restaurant with a fairly small parking area. The cones in front of the SpC spaces seemed to solve that problem, and I think ICE customers accepted that those were charging spaces.

Fair enough...I lived in Bergen County for 7 years so I knew you could handle my joke! BTW - I have visited exactly TWO Superchargers so far, so I am a bit behind you! ;)

View attachment 262314 Last update, the station is almost finished. The guy working there said that probably it will be online only about Christmas (something to do with Hydro-Quebec). It is his sixth station :) and a lot more to come...
Wait a second.. this is an Urban Supercharger? Is this the first we've noticed this at this site?

Also - that poor guy hand-painting the parking lines, is that what I see.

Reactions: MarcoRP and e-FTW
I think urban Superchargers make sense there: they will be “shopping” Superchargers. Not great for long distance travelers, but fine for shoppers. Knowing this parking lot, it will get a little nuts.
I think I was surprised since we hadn't seen many examples of urban charging in Canada yet. Come to think of it... we haven't seen which version the new GTHA chargers will be: Markham, Etobicoke, and Hamilton aren't far enough along yet. Concord/Vaughan confirmed full strength classic SCs though.

Reactions: e-FTW
I think I was surprised since we hadn't seen many examples of urban charging in Canada yet. Come to think of it... we haven't seen which version the new GTHA chargers will be: Markham, Etobicoke, and Hamilton aren't far enough along yet. Concord/Vaughan confirmed full strength classic SCs though.

Ottawa is the first location with urban superchargers working at Rideau Centre