Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger Launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now at Harris Ranch. Having a lot of "Tesla time" talking to all of the people the car is attracting. Set the cruise control for 80 all the way here from Gilroy and used about 1/2 a charge. Here are a few more pics. Getting some artifact on the screen.

uploadfromtaptalk1350778311769.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1350778346545.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1350778301022.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350778253155.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350778332538.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350778277539.jpg

Google says that's about 111 miles from Gilroy-Harris Ranch...sound about right? So you'd get at least 200 miles at 80? Were there mountains to cross and do you have any idea what the overall elevation change was?

Harris Ranch is next to the airport, so I can tell you it's about 470 feet. Gilroy is pretty flat, and the hospital helipad is 214 feet. So pretty insignificant net change. But I think there are some decent hills to cross to get from Gilroy (on the 101) to Harris Ranch (on the 5).

My Mercedes used to display the altitude, derived from the nav GPS. I sent in a request to have the Model S do the same thing. I think it helps when you're in hilly terrain, and can estimate that you will get back 6 miles of range for every 1000' you go back down.

Harris Ranch is next to the airport, so I can tell you it's about 470 feet. Gilroy is pretty flat, and the hospital helipad is 214 feet. So pretty insignificant net change. But I think there are some decent hills to cross to get from Gilroy (on the 101) to Harris Ranch (on the 5).

My Mercedes used to display the altitude, derived from the nav GPS. I sent in a request to have the Model S do the same thing. I think it helps when you're in hilly terrain, and can estimate that you will get back 6 miles of range for every 1000' you go back down.
Thanks GGR, I think having starting and stopping elevation on the GPS would be great. It's reassuring that he got that good of range at 80mph. I'm really hoping the S will make the trip to St.Louis from my home on a single charge..I can live with about 70mph if it means no stops. (~230 miles)

Nixa, MO to Busch Stadium - Google Maps

Harris Ranch is next to the airport, so I can tell you it's about 470 feet. Gilroy is pretty flat, and the hospital helipad is 214 feet. So pretty insignificant net change. But I think there are some decent hills to cross to get from Gilroy (on the 101) to Harris Ranch (on the 5)...
Yes, most definitely. The standard path is to take hwy 152 past "Casa De Fruta" over the 1300ft Pacheco Pass.

Now at Tejon Ranch. Having yogurt at Yogurtland next to the superchargers. They have two working. Here are some pictures. The hardware is hidden behind the nice rock wall to to the left of the chargers. Did 80+ between Harris Ranch and here. The car is completely covered in bugs now. Stopped and the gas station next door to clean the windshield.

Now at Tejon Ranch. Having yogurt at Yogurtland next to the superchargers. They have two working. Here are some pictures. The hardware is hidden behind the nice rock wall to to the left of the chargers. Did 80+ between Harris Ranch and here. The car is completely covered in bugs now. Stopped and the gas station next door to clean the windshield.
How long did you charge, how much range did you add and what was your projected range when you left Harris Ranch?
What about mileage/battery use to Tejon Ranch?

Now at Harris Ranch. Having a lot of "Tesla time" talking to all of the people the car is attracting. Set the cruise control for 80 all the way here from Gilroy and used about 1/2 a charge. Here are a few more pics. Getting some artifact on the screen.

In case you don't know, you can reboot the instrument cluster which will clear those artifacts. Press and hold both top steering wheel buttons for a good long time (20 seconds?) until the screen goes blank. It'll come back shortly -- artifact-free!

What's the middle space for here?

Actually, as the Tejon Ranch pics show, there the pillars of the future solar panel roof might have additional charger outlets.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got home and made it with about 25 charge left.

I hope that's because you didn't get a full charge ay Tejon Ranch, and not because the Grapevine ascend ate it all... ;)

Congrats to the first real-customer report Bay Area to LA with officially open Superchargers. And valid pics. :)

Actually, as the Tejon Ranch pics show, there the pillars of the future solar panel roof might have additional charger outlets.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that's because you didn't get a full charge ay Tejon Ranch, and not because the Grapevine ascend ate it all... ;)

Congrats to the first real-customer report Bay Area to LA with officially open Superchargers. And valid pics. :)

They absolutely do have charging cables installed in the pillars. I posted some pics and video in the other supercharger thread.